By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will ps3 get to 50 million WW before the 360

i think when the PS3 gets to 250 price it will takeoff I dont the 360 will get to 50 million just because they are so much cheaper then the PS3 and still being outsold

Around the Network

If both consoles stay in the race long enough....

The PS3 has a good chance. But I think it really depends on how aggressive Microsoft and Sony are at price cuts...If the X360 NA pricecut has the positive intended effect it had in Europe, then the PS3 may have a very difficult road ahead of it, as the PS3 enjoys a very slight advantage in Europe/JP, and the X360 would be edging out the PS3 in NA by a strong margin, effectively drawing a tie.

If that happens, then the question goes to how long the consoles will sustain sales for - Most analysts (and myself) anticipate a new X console in 2011/2012 - When will the PS4 come?

Regardless, it could be very close, and the X360 edges it out, or the PS3 does in far earlier, around the 35-40m range.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

duh

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

What makes you think either will make it to 50m?

The Gamecube and the Xbox never made it that far. The PS2 was something special.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

321tttrini4everz said:

your question should have been "will ps3 get to 30 million WW before the 360"

yeah.. If either get to 50 mil.  Many consoles have gone down without reaching that mark.

At any rate.  I think it does have a good chance.  HW sales for PS3 are based primarily on it's Blu-Ray functionality, and since HD-DVD is gone, that gives movie buyers more of a reason to get a PS3.  With the coming price drops in the next couple of years I see PS3 hardware sales on the rise.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

i dont think they will reach 50 million, there is a chance the xbox 720 will be out b4 PS3 will hit 50 million

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

ps3 will definately hit 50 mil, it has yet to have its best year of sales. but the question is how much 360 will sell in 09 and that is hard to tell.

It'll be tough for both consoles to reach that number,but if it happens,I think PS3 will be the first one to reach it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ya its pretty much obvious ps3 will reach 50million bfre 360, 360 is doin everything in their power to keep up with ps3 right now but the only country that will help sony is japan once they all wake up one day and realize its sony and as a japanese i must get 1. also when america stops suking microsofts d***.

I see the X360 reaching about 50 million at the very end of it's life, (might not make it). The PS3 I expect will very likely pass 50 million (and if it does, very likely before the X360)

If they both pass the mark I expect there will be a good year in-between them passing it.

Wii Minimum Expected range Maximum
World 100 140-155 200?
Japan 18 20-25 30
Americas 45 65-70 85
Others 37 55-60 85
PS3
Minimum Expected range Maximum
World 40
50-60 85
Japan 4 5-7 8
Americas 14 16-19 32
Others 22 29-34 45