By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Version Of PlayStation 3 To Go On Sale In August

Celb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Why are people saying the 80 GB is cheaper?

Then why the hell does it cost us more??

Because the new 80 gb versions have lower production costs with all that they changed with emulation and stuff.

Honestly, I understand why it costs less to produce an 80 GB version.

Which is why I'm pissed, because it costs Sony less, but they're charging more.

your not buying it, so why are you so pissed.

Charging more.

a 60gb PS3 cost 600 now a 80gb PS3 with a game is 600. God damn this is really making me angry.

Or you buy the 60gb PS3 for $100 less.  There is no negative.  Just because one deal is better than the other does not mean both deals are bad.  Also, ckmlb says the 80GB will be a limited edition.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Celb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Because the new 80 gb versions have lower production costs with all that they changed with emulation and stuff.

your not buying it, so why are you so pissed.

Charging more.

a 60gb PS3 cost 600 now a 80gb PS3 with a game is 600. God damn this is really making me angry.

That's right I'm not buying it...I wouldn't mind buying a PS3 if I could actually afford it...but no, let's keep the standard price at $600!

The standard price dropped to $500...are you missing half of the news here?

there is no negative if you are going to buy the PS3 now, but as far as future sales and the future outlook for Sony this doesn't help much.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I realize that, and the $500 version is good news. It gets me closer to buying a PS3, yes.

I am kinda mad at Sony for putting another $600 version though...I think they'd do better if they just had one, cheaper version, making it all look cheaper to the public. I'm saying this new, more expensive version is just going to make the public think the PS3 costs $600...just like they did with the 60 and 20 gb versions.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It will be interesting to see if the 60gb gets discontinued due to 'lack of demand'.

Around the Network

It's a good thing for the consumer for Sony to drop price on the 60-model. Bad thing is that they will drop 60GB-model completely off. As far as i know, 80 gigabyte HDD:s are cheaper to make.
80GB model definately has the EE dropped, now even on the NTSC-version, maybe the GS has also been left out. When they released PS3 in PAL-region, people were pissed, because the downwards compatibility was so much worse than in the NTSC-PS3.

The way i see it, even that it's good to have game with the console and that 20GB extra don't hurt, but i think it's not worth the money.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

BenKenobi88 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

You're forgetting the pack in game, also this is a limited edition.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

windbane said:
Celb said:

Or you buy the 60gb PS3 for $100 less. There is no negative. Just because one deal is better than the other does not mean both deals are bad. Also, ckmlb says the 80GB will be a limited edition.

It's not me saying it, it's on the box check it. It's on the PS blog now this same pic and it says limited edition on it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

In the publics eyes it seems as if Sony didn't drop the price at all.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Looks like Sony is trying desperatly to get back in the race. Still, with sales as they are and we have no evidence to segest it would help( don't think the Elite was that steller) it could be more of a hurt then a help.