By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP 3000's hottest feature: Reduced battery life

20 min is not that big

Around the Network

Nice job Sony!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I believe the PSP2000 has better battery life than the PSP1000s. I own both, and my PSP2000 often lasts about 30-45 minutes longer than my PSP1000 coming in at around 6 hours with low brightness, and using headphones. Using PSP1000's battery on the PSP2000 will make the PSP2000 lasts about 30-45 minutes longer as well.

Although I play most of my games off my mem stick as back up ISOs though because you get less power drain as insane fast load time.

I am officially no longer jealous of the new model (I have a PSP2000).

twesterm: the PSP actually has a very respectable battery life if you are not using UMDs. I watched a movie on my friend's PSP(1000)'s memory card and the battery still read full when we were done (IIRC).

As for playing games on UMD, I took my PSP on vacation recently, played it constantly, and never ran out of battery life. I only got low once. Yes, I brought my charger, and yes, I plugged it in when I wasn't using it, but it really wasn't a hassle. I mean, if you put your PSP down on a table, what's so much harder about putting it down and plugging it in? To each their own I guess.

People always say the PSP battery life is OMG SHORT, but really it's not some kind of crippling flaw. (coughGameGearcough) It just pales in comparison to the awesome performance of the DS.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I believe an additional battery pack may be a proper solution if you're worried about this.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

You could get a bigger battery if you want.

The PSP 2k and 3k come with 1200 amh

and they have 1800 for sale, and even 2200.

Your battery life can be up to ten hours on the PSP 2k with the 2200.

skeezer said:
I don't see what the BIG deal is >_<

DS lite has a battery power of 20 hours, give or take. PSP has a battery life of 10 hours playing games, 12 hours playing music (with the screen off) and 3 hours playing movies.

DS has two screens and it's battery power is double that of PSP, kind of sad dontcha think?

you can always decrease the brightness and get the extended battery.

"DS lite has a battery power of 20 hours, give or take. PSP has a battery life of 10 hours playing games, 12 hours playing music (with the screen off) and 3 hours playing movies.

DS has two screens and it's battery power is double that of PSP, kind of sad dontcha think?"

20 hours now way, i get at a normal usage it get less than 10, also the DS both screen aren't 4.3' as the psp and have lower resolution

the ds have a weaker  processor and graphic chip too.

Yeah, or decrease the brightness.

I'll wait for more detailed comparisons before making any decision, but I'm pretty much sold. The new screen looks gorgeous.

Also rumoured you can use a PS3 pad with the 3000.

PSN - hanafuda