By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - September 25th rumor.

I hope all goes well for 360 during this, if indeed it actually does happen. I'm just not holding my breath: based on Microsofts track record, I expect major problems with the new interface, which would destroy all of this speculated hype leading up to it. I hope for their sake this isn't true; hopefully they put the required time into this new interface and didn't rush it like they're known to. I highly prefer my PS3 over 360, but I still have a 360, I still use it to play online with my friends. I'd rather not have to deal with problems, so like I said - I hope it goes smoothly when the new interface is introduced.

If the Sirius rumor is true, that's a plus for me. I already have a lifetime subscription, because Sirius Satellite Radio is, as their promo states, the best radio on radio. I don't listen to FM radio, and haven't literally in 2 years. I just hope that if this rumor is true, I can use my existing subscription on my 360, otherwise this feature is useless.

Around the Network

Also, while some of you see a 'relaunch' as a good thing, I see it more on the pathetic side. All that says to me is that you're admitting you're faulty product and would like to try to restart with a fresh new slate. Based on everything that's rumored to come out though, I think it can be positive for them, I just think that calling it a 'relaunch' is ammo for your oponents. Like .50 cal ammo, when you're using 9mm.

Phrancheyez said:
I hope all goes well for 360 during this, if indeed it actually does happen. I'm just not holding my breath: based on Microsofts track record, I expect major problems with the new interface, which would destroy all of this speculated hype leading up to it. I hope for their sake this isn't true; hopefully they put the required time into this new interface and didn't rush it like they're known to. I highly prefer my PS3 over 360, but I still have a 360, I still use it to play online with my friends. I'd rather not have to deal with problems, so like I said - I hope it goes smoothly when the new interface is introduced.

If the Sirius rumor is true, that's a plus for me. I already have a lifetime subscription, because Sirius Satellite Radio is, as their promo states, the best radio on radio. I don't listen to FM radio, and haven't literally in 2 years. I just hope that if this rumor is true, I can use my existing subscription on my 360, otherwise this feature is useless.

Having been forced to use Windows since version 1.0, I fully appreciate how difficult and buggy MS interfaces can be.  However, I've had my 360 for over 2 years and haven't really seen any example of MS having "rushed" the interface.  Can you be more specific of times when the 360 interface has had major problems due to MS rushing their development?

Ok, maybe I worded it kind of bad. I don't mean rushed the interface, I mean rushed their product in general. The 360 is a prime example of this, and almost every version of windows, including the newest, has thousands of problems. The only good one was Windows 2000 Professional - at least in my opinion. I guess XP wasn't horrible..but their software has always lacked in my perception.

Phrancheyez said:
Also, while some of you see a 'relaunch' as a good thing, I see it more on the pathetic side. All that says to me is that you're admitting you're faulty product and would like to try to restart with a fresh new slate. Based on everything that's rumored to come out though, I think it can be positive for them, I just think that calling it a 'relaunch' is ammo for your oponents. Like .50 cal ammo, when you're using 9mm.

Why the hell do you get so involved in this shit? Its not healthy.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Why the hell do you get so involved in this shit? Its not healthy.

I'm at work, I have a slack job, and I'm really bored right now.  I'll be gone for most of the rest of the day when I do get off, so just think of it as me posting for the whole day, just all within an hour.......yeah...

I could care less either way, I'm not getting rid of my 360, so it's not going to stop me from using it.  I just think for the outsiders looking in it's scary.  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Phrancheyez said:
Ok, maybe I worded it kind of bad. I don't mean rushed the interface, I mean rushed their product in general. The 360 is a prime example of this, and almost every version of windows, including the newest, has thousands of problems. The only good one was Windows 2000 Professional - at least in my opinion. I guess XP wasn't horrible..but their software has always lacked in my perception.

I try not to compare their console OS business to their Windows OS business.  They have separate development teams and have attempted to keep their console OS simple and bullet-proof with good results so far.

Now, if you want to talk about rushed console hardware, then I'm definitely with you on that one.   To be honest, though I think they've probably learned their lesson with RROD, scratched discs, bad DVD drives, etc. this generation.  I'm guessing if they *do* relaunch next month that it will be a lot more planned out and solid.  This would be a refresh of the same console line, not a new line, after all.

This rumour is so far out there it seems true. It would also make a lot of sense and generate a lot of interest in the 360's core market.

The only thing that has me wondering is that MS has been pushing more and more for the casual market and this seems to be going to other way. Perhaps this is more focused on keeping their market safe from PS3. If true at all.

crumas2 said:
Phrancheyez said:

I try not to compare their console OS business to their Windows OS business.  They have separate development teams and have attempted to keep their console OS simple and bullet-proof with good results so far.

Now, if you want to talk about rushed console hardware, then I'm definitely with you on that one.   To be honest, though I think they've probably learned their lesson with RROD, scratched discs, bad DVD drives, etc. this generation.  I'm guessing if they *do* relaunch next month that it will be a lot more planned out and solid.  This would be a refresh of the same console line, not a new line, after all.

Good point.  Like I said - I really do hope it goes smoothly, because I use my 360 quite a bit.  And I guess you could attribute the rush in the console hardware to trying to get a leg up on Sony, and who wouldn't want to?  Had both of these consoles launched at the same time, this would be a whole different story.  If you look at it now, they have just as much - if not more - time as Sony to work on their next console.  One can only imagine they did learn from their mistake and that the next should be much more reliable.  However, I still see Sony having the advantage if the next generation of consoles launch simultaniously, I don't see it as nearly a big a gap as if the 360 and PS3 had launched simultaniously.

Where'd you get this rumour? Link? And where did that "source" get his information from?