By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many $$$ do you make an hour?

In Wisconsin...
In the summer I work as a banquet server in the Hilton: $10 an hour plus tips : )

During the school year I work as a data entry putz: $7.75 an hour : (

Not much but it's just a college job. Hopefully the MCAT turns out good and I'll have my ticket into MedSchool :D

Around the Network

About $35. I'm actually salaried, but unless I take vacation/sick time, I work 40 hours a week exactly.  I just graduated a two years ago.

That Guy said:
Let me answer this question on behalf of all here on vgchartz.com:

"Not enough"

I don't get paid much (entry level at a smaller studio) but it's plenty when you're doing what you love.  ^^

Plus, I'm salary so pay by hour doesn't mean so much to me (since I'll work more than 40hours/week most of the time).

enough to buy a few things here or there.

I make 40K USD a year. Not sure what that works out to hourly. (I am salary)

Around the Network

casual employment (so no sick leave, etc) about 15 hours per week (while studying)

$28-35 per hour

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I make $20hr & $30hr overtime.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Man, USA has well paid jobs :(

Legend11 said:
I know people who make what you do and don't even give a second though to spending $100 on a meal that's why I found it odd when you said you made $50/hour but in another post you said your pain point for videogame consoles was $299. I mean usually people who have a good income and are into videogames or any hobbies in general will spend fairly high amounts on their hobbies, and since you're obviously into videogames (otherwise you very likely wouldn't be posting on this message board) I expected you to be the same. I just found your statements odd but I'm not doubting you and I guess I should have realized that everyone is different.

well, that's not necessarily true. i dont make as much as kn but i'm not far from it. but i would never drop just $100 on a meal.  just because i earn enough, it doesn't mean i don't like eating cheap food.  and even if i can afford a $600 game console, it doesn't mean i am willing to pay for it because depending on the person, there's different priorities and gaming is not #1.  but it doesn't mean i don't like gaming.  sometimes i don't mind paying $350 dollars on a set of 52 dragonball cards but somehow i can't get myself to buy a $500-600 ps3 console.  getting into the whole economics stuff, i guess my utility curve for ps3 just doesn't allow me to pay much for it.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

JHawkNH said:
I make 40K USD a year. Not sure what that works out to hourly. (I am salary)

If you work 40/hr week and take about 5 weeks per year off (plus ~10 holiday) it works out to just under $20/hr, I think.