By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many $$$ do you make an hour?

$10 before taxes $9 after, but I'm satisfied!

*Edit: Should probably say its $/hour :) 

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network

17€ a hour but don't know the currency € => $.

Legend11 said:
kn said:
~$50

So you make around $50/hour but your hurting price for a console is $299? Do you work like 8 hours a week or something?

People who make money arent always stupid. Consoles are not worth much more than $250 imo as well. They are just game systems and no video game is really worth that much. You will find that there are many people who work hard to make good money but instead of blowing it all away they invest it. In fact if you ever get to study sociology they point out that different economic classes usually spend their money very differently.

Poor - Spend it as soon as they get it on things they dont really need and invest whatever is left (usually nothing left thus they stay poor)

Rich - Invest most of it and use whats left for things they dont really need

Of course this isnt always true of everyone but it is accurate over a large population. The middle class usually varies between the two.

One thing you should all realize is that comparing dollars per hour won't give you a very good measure where you can "rank" yourself. Salary is only one factor you have to consider in every situation, the others being things like living costs, location, transportation costs, etc...

For example, if you make 25$ an hour at one job but you can walk to work in 10 minutes, or you can make 35$ an hour at another job, but you have to drive for an hour each way, which person is actually making more money? I'd argue that after taking travel time and various costs such as gas, car maintenance and increased insurance costs, they probably make around the same.

Another example, one person making $50k a year, but they're living costs is around $2k a month compared to someone making 100k a year who's living costs are $4k a month...

I could make much more money if I moved, but I love where I live (Vancouver Island on the west coast of Canada).

I'm right around $35/hour, though I'm salary, so I figured it on a 40 hour work week 52 weeks a year.

Bills and such (including car, insurance, home) bring me up to a max of $2.5k/month (net ~$3.4k)

I could probably get more as a programmer, but I'm happy where I live, and I'm not hurting for cash. I never understood people's huge crush on how much people make though. Why does it matter that you aren't making six figures and driving around in a Lamborghini?

Are you enjoying your hobbies? Do you make enough that you don't have to scrape by month to month? Are you setting back a little bit of cash each month for retirement? If not, those would be reasons for me to look for a better paying job. Not some "compete with the neighbors to see who has the biggest house" mental disorder.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

i do like 1000dllr per month, and i am a animator using maya 23 yrs old

I am salary. I make 45K a year plus bonuses(around 15K) and benefits. However I have a kick ass job that means the 6 months out of the year we aren't doing anyting I show up to work at 11AM and leave at 3PM can take days off at will or if I need to I can dip into my vacation days if I don't wish to be bothered. it is hard to give that stuff up(however I can never ever ever be late for court not even by 5 minutes usualt I show up 30 minutes early for everything when I have some work.

My bills plus Rent comes to around 3.2 K a month. I walk to work and have no need for a car. However when I go out I dpend around 8 dollars a beer or 14 for a Plantano Mojito. My upper limit for a PC is very high however I will not spend more then 300 on a game system.

I make about $17/hr in Texas(living expenses are low here, comparitively) though my expendable income is probably higher than most others that make more, I have no kids, no wife, no mortgage, no plans for the first two, $300/mo rent, $200/mo car, and I plan on being dead before retirement.

8.5 dollars an hour in mexico for not working... hehehe (monthly income divided on a 40 hours a week basis).

Plus, I live at my campus dorms free of charge, and school pays for food and tuition (master degree program).

What do I do for t you ask?, I study and play football at the same time. The football scholarship pays for the tuition, the dorms and the food, my parents give me 450 dollars a month for everything I need, and the mexican government through a scholarship for master degree students makes up for the rest.

if I accounted for the costs of dorm, tution and food into my numbers it would be something like 17 dollars an hour for studyng and playing football.

ITESM? :P