By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Itagaki Says PS3 Easier To Develop For Than Famicom!!

My favourite part:

1UP: When you are designing a game, do you consciously consider the western or international market. Or do you concentrate solely on making a game that you wanna make, and let the chips fall where they may?

TI: [Itagaki laughs drunkenly for around a full minute]

haha!

Around the Network

It may be the hardest out of the Current 3. But the problem is some dev's make it seem like they are better off cutting off their left arm and right testicle than dev for the ps3....

4 ≈ One

And that's why the PS3 is getting more games developed for it in 2008 than the Famimcom

You should be proud of that

PS3 is not that hard to program for. What is Famicom?

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is not that hard to program for. What is Famicom?

Nintendo Entertainment System, but the Japanese version. Also, it's easy to say that it's not hard to program for when you never tried it yourself. Yeah... o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
phil said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I have yet to see a single Itagaki game that's better than a single Valve game.

This jobless drunk can go back to boob physics or whatever he does when he's not sexually harassing women.

Is your head REALLY so far up your ass that you don't understand the difference between programming a game and creating the content? 

He was adressing PROGRAMMING, not content(seeing as to how Gabe "Piggy Wiggy" Newell can't keep computers with code for his next biggest project free of fucking keyloggers, I'm inclined to assume he's not a very good programmer).  I recommend a brush up on first grade reading comrephension.

I don't know if you were attacking me or just lashing out against the world, 'cuz that was totally irrelevant.

I'm not talking about programming.  I didn't even read the stupid interview with the stupid arrogant asshole and I don't care what he said.

But a lot of the responses in this thread were bitching about Valve, and I'm not having it.  And "Piggy Wiggy?"  Damn.  Nice burn dude.

xman said:
He sure didn't say it was easier than the 360, which is generally accepted. Of course the PS3 can be developed on its just currently the hardest system to develop for

and the best

megaman2 said:

It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it".

id bet that if someone went back in time and gave a famicom developer a PS3 they wouldnt be able to make a game for it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Eh!? I thought he never wanted to do no shit about PS3. Go f**k yourself Itagaki you desperate job hunter.

HappySqurriel said:

I bet $100,000,000 that if I gave 200 people 3 years to develop games for the Famicom I would have far more excellent games than if I put that exact same group towards developing PS3 games.

Seems logical as those people would be spending three years on the Famicom.  No wonder that they won't be able to produce anything good for the PS3 in that timeframe... :p