By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Itagaki Says PS3 Easier To Develop For Than Famicom!!

megaman2 said:
xman said:
megaman2 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
^ Yeah, you better damned be.

The reason why you never hear Insomniac or Naughty Dog complaining is because their games are being published by Sony. And, in the case of Naughty Dog, they are owned by Sony.

Both developers actually said that the initals stages of developing for the ps3 wee difficuly, because they had to get used to the new cell and the new tools. Sony actually included new development kits for developers too make it easier for them to develop for the ps3 while saving costs.

Just because Both developers develop for Sony, does not mean that mean that if they aren't satisfied with developing with the ps3 they will come out and say it my friend. This is how you make progress in business, receive feedback from developers albeit positive/negative and you fix it, simple!

I have been reading SOny has been helping thrid party developers more but that was in direct repsonse because one of the things MS does well is support third party developers also SOny didnt have to give so much support yto third party developers in the PS2 days cause third party developers had no choice they could not ignore the PS2 it was the only game in town

But in those days developing for the ps2 was low risk and much easier compared to this gen! The ps2 assured developers that they could take risk because the install base was soo huge.

Lets not forget that PS2 wasn't actually a cake walk to develop on if you wanted to take advantages of its full power.

A lot of PS2 game contain assembler code and that is a pain to write ( and it's hard to find developers with good assembler knowledge).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Wow, you gotta love this guy.
Makes something as good as Ninja Gaiden, but whenever opens his mouth, comes across as a drunken retard. I mean even the gaming sites interview him for that alone,not cause hes a developer

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

I think he means that their are more possibilities on the PS3. Then again... he was drunk.

so...he's saying it took more SKILL to program a game for the famicom...and no skill whatsoever for the ps3...

just that it costs more and looks prettier...selling games on the woo factor instead of substance..

yup...sounds exactly like Sony to me

megaman2 said:

The former Dead or Alive designer also dispels the notion that the PS3 is too difficult to develop for:

"One more thing I would add is that I don't think that developing for the PS3 is hard at all. It was much harder developing for the Famicom. It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it".

We'll look into passing that along to Valve and ask about maybe getting Left 4 Dead ported over to Famicom as well!

Who says the ps3 is hard to develop, clearly those developers (valve) that say the ps3 is hard to develop for should consider looking for a different career path! 

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169637

I didn't even have to bold it out...there it is already.