By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Itagaki Says PS3 Easier To Develop For Than Famicom!!

SaviorX said:

"One more thing I would add is that I don't think that developing for the PS3 is hard at all. It was much harder developing for the Famicom. It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it".

Maybe he should stop drinking.

best responce by miles

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
It may be the hardest out of the Current 3. But the problem is some dev's make it seem like they are better off cutting off their left arm and right testicle than dev for the ps3....

Because M$ spoiled them in the developing tools area, back to the PS1 days devs praised it and bitched about the Saturn, with good reasons because that was a really phreaking hard system to develop (quadrilaterals instead of triangles, almost no library, few documentation, pain in the ass memory access with 2 chips, etc.), now they complain about a system that uses versions of C and Open GL with a good documentation, libraries and devs like Insomniac sharing info about the Cell???

You do realize he was drunk during this interview, thats why its full of weird metaphors like the fighter plane thing.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

That actually sounds like a viable reason for the nonsense he was spouting.

This is invisible text!

deathgod33 said:
xman said:
He sure didn't say it was easier than the 360, which is generally accepted. Of course the PS3 can be developed on its just currently the hardest system to develop for

and the best

Yeah notice I left that out for a reason, it depends on the type of gamer you are each system has its plus's and minus's.  PS3 is the hardest to develop for is sure not a plus

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
Dgc1808 said:
It may be the hardest out of the Current 3. But the problem is some dev's make it seem like they are better off cutting off their left arm and right testicle than dev for the ps3....

Because M$ spoiled them in the developing tools area, back to the PS1 days devs praised it and bitched about the Saturn, with good reasons because that was a really phreaking hard system to develop (quadrilaterals instead of triangles, almost no library, few documentation, pain in the ass memory access with 2 chips, etc.), now they complain about a system that uses versions of C and Open GL with a good documentation, libraries and devs like Insomniac sharing info about the Cell???

Yes they did one thing MS is good at is Developer support but you cant blame MS for that, from what I have read Sony is doing a much better job on debveloper support because MS is so good at it

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

owned lol

xman said:
The Anarchyz said:
Dgc1808 said:

Yes they did one thing MS is good at is Developer support but you cant blame MS for that, from what I have read Sony is doing a much better job on debveloper support because MS is so good at it

No, i don't blame them, in fact i like .NET and directx and the support they give, and thanks to them Sony is giving better support... My problem is with some mediocre developers that bitched too much about the PS3 difficulty so everyone started to believe it... When i found out that they were using C and Open GL, and saw some Insomniac presentations about programming for the Cell's PPU and SPUs my first thought was "WTF are these people talking about", and later i saw some work done for the Cell, and it was not that different than programming for multi-core... My problem is not with M$, is with the developers that did something for the 360 and didn't give the PS3 a chance before starting to bitch about them...

why the hell is he trying to defend the ps3?
i thought he hated it.
personally i'm upset that he has taken away doa from ps3. it was a fun, casual styled fighter with beautiful effects.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 is not that hard to program for. What is Famicom?

Since when have you ever programmed anything for the PS3? This is a typical Rock_on_2008 statement. And if you seriously don't know what the Famicon is, you should brush up on your video game history. I bet you don't know about any system before the PS1 right? LOL.

Just kiss the tip.