By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma sells 450 000 units according to Tecmo

No need to get upset, I was just talking about this one rabid PS3 fan. Fanboys suck, no matter which system.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network

thats what im saying^^^

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
sony fans complain?

remember the statement "the wii is just two gamecubes stuck together with ducktape"? oh yea cause that wasnt part of a rant from a guy working on a wii game. the ninty fans got all up in arms because it wasnt three gamecubes stuck together with ducktape.

o and what about mgs4? thats never coming to the 360. read my words "NEVER"

dont talk about the pissy ps3 fanboys when everyone else is exactly the same way.

"the wii is just two gamecubes stuck together with ducktape" is flamebait, pure and simple. Some people got hooked, their bad. Whose more at fault, the person who lays the bait of the fish who got caught? 

As far as MGS4 goes, never is a strong statement. Highly unlikely is a probably more accurate. 

Listen ,i answered in the "Ninja Gaiden is out go get it !" thread with this as I thought it was relevant .Then I realized it hadnt so much to do and that thread was dead so I created a new one .

I think that Tecmo saying they have sold 450 000 units of this game in so few time is a important news .I dont see anywhere in their statement that their are refering to shipped units ,so assuming directly that the number is shipped is about as right as assuming it is sold .

If they have sold some 70K units in Japan alone I dont find impossible to sell 380 000 in NA and the PAl market as there are more than 2.5 times as much consoles and the title had a way greater name here .

Besides ,I dont care too much to some details as the order of the names or the GBA thing or the colours selected for each plattform .What upsets (a little bit ,lets not exxagerate ) me a bit is some details as I have pointed out other times .If its Sony it must be shipped never sold if its Nintendo lets wait for the official version but while we wait lets put those numbers in the frontpage.If the MC numbers say PS3 has sold some 25% more this week why bother changing the numbers etc .Ok ,I know as well as you that 3K units dont mean too much in the global market .Still ,if we have this information why not put it in the page ?Maybe I am more careful about Sony plattforms and it is happening in the Nintendo ones as well ,but for what I perceive its the Sony ones wich get the bad part of the deal ...last week there were 5 PSP games in the Media Create Top50 and vgchartz only showed 3 ,this week the PS3 numbers are downplayed and Rainbow SIx Vegas doesnt even appear when it is a Top20 game according MC etc etc .I KNOW its not big deals ,but if we are claiming and looking for accuracy why not include those bits of info ?Yet everytime I point to one of these minor faults nobody answers me ,ever .But if I commint some mistake or the month numbers are allright they tell me that they are "proving me wrong again and again " .

Looks like NGS only managed 12th place in the UK charts.

Around the Network

Either way, selling 450,000 copies to retail in such a short time is very good.

It's not good for the retailer.

I hate gamestop, Tehy had an offer of 2 ps3 games and get one free trade, but they didnt accept mine because they said only resistance mlb motorstorm are trades, Are they krazy oh sometin? Ninja gaiden is the game I want!! The demo was awsome and the game is even better the stroy looks good, I wan tthat game so bad. To bad it cost 60buks.

mM

Since ninja gaiden sold to well on the ps3 with its user base of 3.8 million, expect the secound one to come to ps3 and not stay exclusive to 360 to long.

mM

In Spain it has been fourth the first week .Actually it has been fourth the week before release as many stores broke the shipping day and released it the 29 .