By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New "Leader" topics will result in immediate ban.

So if I create 11 different topics for sales percentages can I get those banned as well? Similar question for the rate the thing above you topics in anything other than off-topic? I am deadly serious here. The rate the thing above topics never add anything to the forums, but off-topic seems to be a collection of things that add nothing so what the heck. The percentage tracking is just annoying and begging for flame wars.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I believe the sales percentage threads of 0.1% increase to Wii should result in locks. They are spam and contribute nothing but flame bait.

naznatips said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
L.C.E.C. said:
I still don't see how it became "disruptive to the posters' ability to discuss other topics"? was it taking up too much room on the front page???

There were 10 topics, what do you think? Can you imagine if we had 10 Kingdom Hearts 3 topics? We had 3 and people demanded they be locked.

Again, this wouldn't have happened if people had known how to do things in moderation. I really hate to have to do it, but it's unfortunate that our site can manage to kill a joke in hours.

Edit: 11 topics if you count MegaMan's second topic about rallying soldiers.

why couldn't you lock all of them except for the first one ?

Because then it's unbalanced moderating. I have to treat everyone equally. If I say Sony has the right to a topic but Nintendo and Microsoft and Hentai and all the other crap don't I get even more complaints.

So yes, a few people killed it for everyone. Funny how that works isn't it? Hopefully the lesson will carry over to future similar instances.

makes no sense....it's not about SONY,nintendo or m$, it's about the FRIST thread

not to mention the nintendo fans trolling on the SONY thread and posting photos and comments that doesn't relate to the topic........ huh ?

arent in off-topic though?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
L.C.E.C. said:
I still don't see how it became "disruptive to the posters' ability to discuss other topics"? was it taking up too much room on the front page???

There were 10 topics, what do you think? Can you imagine if we had 10 Kingdom Hearts 3 topics? We had 3 and people demanded they be locked.

Again, this wouldn't have happened if people had known how to do things in moderation. I really hate to have to do it, but it's unfortunate that our site can manage to kill a joke in hours.

Because then it's unbalanced moderating. I have to treat everyone equally. If I say Sony has the right to a topic but Nintendo and Microsoft and Hentai and all the other crap don't I get even more complaints.

So yes, a few people killed it for everyone. Funny how that works isn't it? Hopefully the lesson will carry over to future similar instances.

makes no sense....it's not about SONY,nintendo or m$, it's about the FRIST thread

not to mention the nintendo fans trolling on the SONY thread and posting photos and comments that doesn't relate to the topic........

Erm...you know that was happening in every thread right? They were JOKE threads. If people were taking them seriously then that's their own fault. Why do you think no one complained/flamed/reported anyone when people did that? Because it was a joke.

@KZ2

I'd still win. My facts and logic > fanboyism

Your a 13 year old kid who must be really bored to post so frequently on a forum site. Around a 50 post per day average maintained over 18 months. You have a lot of free time on your hands.

Around the Network

^ Wow, that was uncalled for. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

markers said:
what are "leader" threads?

still waiting :]

They were a joke People. They were epic too. But others instead of joining in, made their own threads and killed the fun. We are never satisfied as people, never.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Soriku said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
L.C.E.C. said:

not to mention the nintendo fans trolling on the SONY thread and posting photos and comments that doesn't relate to the topic........

Erm...you know that was happening in every thread right? They were JOKE threads. If people were taking them seriously then that's their own fault. Why do you think no one complained/flamed/reported anyone when people did that? Because it was a joke.

@KZ2

Yeah. It was all for fun That's why everyone on the Sega one had code-names!

lol.

KZ2 said:
Soriku said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
321tttrini4everz said:
naznatips said:
L.C.E.C. said:

@KZ2

Your a 13 year old kid who must be really bored to post so frequently on a forum site. Around a 50 post per day average maintained over 18 months. You have a lot of free time on your hands.

Wow... now that's just ASKING for a ban.