By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New "Leader" topics will result in immediate ban.

Naz +10.

Around the Network

Thanks a lot Naz ,i come here to read news not "leader" topics. :3

I am relieved. When you can't go through the forum topics on the front page without seeing eight of those threads, then you know you have a problem.

Thank you Naz.

Just kiss the tip.

When I decided to make a thread about sega leader It was for fun. I made sure everyone had some strange title, and showed that these threads were JOKES. There is no need to lock them. IF people don't want to be part of them, don't click on them. I may have put mine in the wrong place. Off-topic would have been a far better place for it, looking back. But for real, it was funny.

Sure there was someone going a bit overboard on my thread, but he cooled down, (That's IF he was serious to start. Telling if someone is kidding around or no online is tough) we had a great time. It didn't seem anyone on this thread was there for any other reason than to get a laugh or to "join" in the fun and talk about their love for Sega's games.

Oh well. I think that this is a sad day here. I think that people will feel a little more worried about making an off-topic comment out of fear they'll land themself in trouble.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

L.C.E.C. said:
I still don't see how it became "disruptive to the posters' ability to discuss other topics"? was it taking up too much room on the front page???

You don't see how it became a problem?  I came to this site yesterday and the hot topic was pretty much leader threads.  Since I don't really go into the individual forums often and I couldn't care less about the leader threads I just left for the day.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
L.C.E.C. said:
I still don't see how it became "disruptive to the posters' ability to discuss other topics"? was it taking up too much room on the front page???

You don't see how it became a problem?  I came to this site yesterday and the hot topic was pretty much leader threads.  Since I don't really go into the individual forums often and I couldn't care less about the leader threads I just left for the day.

Sorry but I still feel to see how this is disruptive, If you are too lazy to click on the forums button it is your problem. Seriously I didn't participate in any of the threads and didn't read them because I thought it was a little bit childish, but if the others have fun, what's the problem? I thought a forum was here for fun anyway. if you wanted to read news and discuss it it was still easily availible.

Why are people so blind!?

This is Naz's attempt to be the VGC leader!!!

Make more Leader threads!! This is exactly what Naz wants us to do, be afraid!

DO IT!!!!!!!!

SleepWaking said:
twesterm said:
L.C.E.C. said:

Sorry but I still feel to see how this is disruptive, If you are too lazy to click on the forums button it is your problem. Seriously I didn't participate in any of the threads and didn't read them because I thought it was a little bit childish, but if the others have fun, what's the problem? I thought a forum was here for fun anyway. if you wanted to read news and discuss it it was still easily availible.

In general, my time is pretty limited.  I usually have time to scan the mod jobs, the hot topics, and read a new thread or two or participate in a few I'm already active in if I don't have  any mod jobs I have to take care of (I generally have about 2 minutes per visit).  Because of that, I don't like to spend a lot of time in each forum.

So good for you that you have the time to read each section in depth, I don't and that's why I like using the hot topics.

And yes, forums are supposed to be fun but that doesn't mean other peoples fun can become disruptive to the forum as a whole.  It doesn't matter that you think people that only read the hot topics are lazy, the hot topics are there because it's a nice feature that people like to use.  Having thread after thread of the same thing is disruptive. In my case it just made me leave the forum for a day because I just didn't want to read those.

It's the same thing when a new big game comes out and we start locking duplicate threads and try to keep an official thread running.  True, in the game case we keep a thread open so people can talk about since this is a game forum, but as Naz said, this is completely the fault of the people that got out control.  Don't blame the lazy people, blame the people that took the joke too far.

Could have seen this coming. Oh well. Those 3 threads will go down in Vgchartz history! LOL.

4 ≈ One

DMeisterJ said:
Why are people so blind!?

This is Naz's attempt to be the VGC leader!!!

Make more Leader threads!! This is exactly what Naz wants us to do, be afraid!

DO IT!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

4 ≈ One