By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Little Big Planet Preview-"The Next Big Thing". Doubters please enter.

Soriku said:

I expect 2 million.

This game looks good but even if I owned a PS3 I don't think I would buy it.

Also, nobody says the "PS3 has no gamezz." Most people say that it doesn't have games that they want.

We all know Soriku that if this were a Wii Game you'd be absolutely thrilled about it ;)

Around the Network
JGarret said:
This game is calling Soriku's name...

This made me LOL.  If you look at his game library, his console preference, and what he enjoys about games - this would be a perfect fit for him.  This game would be rated S for Soriku.  Hopefully this Christmas, he'll get a PS3.  Time to start asking Soriku :).  Join the dark side.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

@gnizmo - there have been a few threads about how LBP will fail but those could of just been trolls. and if you need me to i can search for them and give you the links?

but LBP is going to huge in its own ps3 terms. im expecting atleast 4 million in sales, if not more.

talkingparrot said:

Thats perfectly fine.  I see in your games collection you have a 360.  I'd suggest selling it so you can pass on Gears and Halo and perhaps gain Little Big Planet, Metal Gear, Disagaea, and others.  However, if it has zero appeal to you, nothing I can say.

As you might gather from my game collection, I own neither of the games you listed and have no interest in them. Metal Gear Solid has never been a game I enjoyed for whatever reasons. What I can't pass on is Culdcept Saga, Dead Rising, Ikaruga, and whatever other game Treasure is making because it will be the best game on the 360. I have a highly quircky taste in games that I really can't explain.

@Markers

I actually would like the links if you have the time. I have seen one or two people bad mouthing it, but they are your standard trolls in the bein of Carlos710, Pimpcoop and those fellows. I do remember the thread where peopel saying charging for user generated content was stupid and could hurt the game, but that was not meant by most to bad mouth the game itself so much as the annoying microtransaction system that is planned for it. There is a healthy number of people saying it might dissapoing in sales but I don't count that as insulting the game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

markers said:
@gnizmo - there have been a few threads about how LBP will fail but those could of just been trolls. and if you need me to i can search for them and give you the links?

but LBP is going to huge in its own ps3 terms. im expecting atleast 4 million in sales, if not more.

I almost get the feeling people who don't own a PS3 want this game to fail.  I own all three consoles.  I have Fable 2, Gears 2, Resistance 2, and LBP preordered.  I have no reason to take alliegances, but this console warrior brotherhood of hating on something and wanting it to fail is quite absurd. 

Take Gnizmo for example.  He hijacked this thread from a conversation about quality to a talk peice about sales.

Around the Network

@talkingparrot

Its not even worth posting it here. Most of these people aren't looking for reasons to buy a PS3, but are more interested in reasons hate it. But VGChartz is just a small minority in an online community that is becoming more open to the fact that the PS3 just might be a good console.

NeoGAF's #1 most wanted game of the year right now is LBP, that is ahead of Gears of War 2 which will most like sell over 5 million copies.

It's hard to convince someone to like something that they are trying really hard to hate, but most of the unbiased world will see this game for the amazing title that it is and want to buy it.

Even my girlfriend didn't want to play Ratchet and Clank, and she doesn't like any Wii games other than Wii Sports. After seeing the LBP "Sackzilla" video she has been bugging me to look up more LBP video's (as recently as 5 minutes ago). This game will be a big hit, and people on this site will probably still be in denial.

Gnizmo said:

As you might gather from my game collection, I own neither of the games you listed and have no interest in them. Metal Gear Solid has never been a game I enjoyed for whatever reasons. What I can't pass on is Culdcept Saga, Dead Rising, Ikaruga, and whatever other game Treasure is making because it will be the best game on the 360. I have a highly quircky taste in games that I really can't explain.

@Markers

I actually would like the links if you have the time. I have seen one or two people bad mouthing it, but they are your standard trolls in the bein of Carlos710, Pimpcoop and those fellows. I do remember the thread where peopel saying charging for user generated content was stupid and could hurt the game, but that was not meant by most to bad mouth the game itself so much as the annoying microtransaction system that is planned for it. There is a healthy number of people saying it might dissapoing in sales but I don't count that as insulting the game.

Lets please avoid linking to other forum members and attacking people.  This is a "Gaming" discussion.  If you want to talk about sales, we can make a thread in the "SALES" discussion.  Stop.

Jandre002 said:
@talkingparrot

Its not even worth posting it here. Most of these people aren't looking for reasons to buy a PS3, but are more interested in reasons hate it. But VGChartz is just a small minority in an online community that is becoming more open to the fact that the PS3 just might be a good console.

NeoGAF's #1 most wanted game of the year right now is LBP, that is ahead of Gears of War 2 which will most like sell over 5 million copies.

It's hard to convince someone to like something that they are trying really hard to hate, but most of the unbiased world will see this game for the amazing title that it is and want to buy it.

Even my girlfriend didn't want to play Ratchet and Clank, and she doesn't like any Wii games other than Wii Sports. After seeing the LBP "Sackzilla" video she has been bugging me to look up more LBP video's (as recently as 5 minutes ago). This game will be a big hit, and people on this site will probably still be in denial.

I look at posts from people like Soriku, who are well known in this community, and see him write this game off as trivial.  Its really sad to see members with such high pedigrees hold such a veiled fanboy mentality.

talkingparrot said:
markers said:

I almost get the feeling people who don't own a PS3 want this game to fail.  I own all three consoles.  I have Fable 2, Gears 2, Resistance 2, and LBP preordered.  I have no reason to take alliegances, but this console warrior brotherhood of hating on something and wanting it to fail is quite absurd.

Take Gnizmo for example.  He hijacked this thread from a conversation about quality to a talk peice about sales.

NEW Little Big Planet Preview-\"The Next Big Thing\". Doubters please enter. 

Yeah I can totally tell you didn't want people like me responding.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Soriku said:

I expect 2 million.

This game looks good but even if I owned a PS3 I don't think I would buy it.

Also, nobody says the "PS3 has no gamezz." Most people say that it doesn't have games that they want.

2 million LTD?

Are you mad?

Motorstorm ended up well over 4 million and its a racer!

I say alot more than 5 million LTD.

The game is being heavily advertised, and NO SORIKU dont say "HARDCORE WONT BUY IT, BECAUSE ITS NOT THE AUDIENCE FOR LBP", thats complete bull crap, I am a hardcore gamer, and so is badger, and dog, and they are buying it(not to mention evilman is crazy for it).

mM