By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Little Big Planet Preview-"The Next Big Thing". Doubters please enter.

Gnizmo said:

I have seen a thousand and one commercial for Warhawk and Ratchet and Clank as well and lets just glance at the sales numbers for those. A good game does not automatically mean huge sales. Just wait for it to be released and see how it does. Quircky titles are known for being critical smashes but commercial let downs. I don't have anything agains LBP but going over the top and hyping it as the next Mario is just ridiculous right now.

All I can say is, when you finally get the controller in your hand and you play it, you'll know immediately that this game will turn smiles.  Also Ratchet and Warhawk didn't have that much of a budget for advertising.  This game, I've read on GAF, will have the majority of Sony's marketing budget when it hits.  People will know this game exists.  Sony will go out of their way to do everything to market this game. 

I'm not saying it will sell 8 million copies.  However, I can easily see it selling 3 million copies.  Also, no where in my OP did I talk about sales, just the quality of the game, since this is the "gaming" discussion.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

I expect 2 million.

This game looks good but even if I owned a PS3 I don't think I would buy it.

Also, nobody says the "PS3 has no gamezz." Most people say that it doesn't have games that they want.

Judging by your game collection, this game would be perfect for you.  Shrug, to each his or her own.  I think this game is going to be just like the Wii.  As soon as it hits the market place and word gets out about its awesomess, you'll hear about it.

talkingparrot said:

All I can say is, when you finally get the controller in your hand and you play it, you'll know immediately that this game will turn smiles.  Also Ratchet and Warhawk didn't have that much of a budget for advertising.  This game, I've read on GAF, will have the majority of Sony's marketing budget when it hits.  People will know this game exists.  Sony will go out of their way to do everything to market this game.

I'm not saying it will sell 8 million copies.  However, I can easily see it selling 3 million copies.  Also, no where in my OP did I talk about sales, just the quality of the game, since this is the "gaming" discussion.

Show me anyone who has said LBP outside of the few people who constantly troll Sony fans. The people who are saying anything close to bad about LBP on this site are mostly peopel saying you shouldn't expect it to sell 3 million copies just yet. Ratchet and Clank has plenty of advertising over the years and a histpry of being a great platformer and still has sells "only" 2 million copies top end. Your expectations are just way to high for the game right now. It could sell 3 million but I expect it to hit around 2 million life time (with a long tail) and be considered a great success.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

It will definitely a success. The question is if it will be an ok success or a Monster Hunter success. It definitely makes for the best trailers. I still smile when I think about the helghast sackboys.

Gnizmo said:

Show me anyone who has said LBP outside of the few people who constantly troll Sony fans. The people who are saying anything close to bad about LBP on this site are mostly peopel saying you shouldn't expect it to sell 3 million copies just yet. Ratchet and Clank has plenty of advertising over the years and a histpry of being a great platformer and still has sells "only" 2 million copies top end. Your expectations are just way to high for the game right now. It could sell 3 million but I expect it to hit around 2 million life time (with a long tail) and be considered a great success.

We'll definetely see about that.  I don't want to argue sales about the game's sales. This thread's intent is to talk about the game being of quality calibur.  The preview I linked to up there, highlights features in the game most people are unaware of.  For example, using a bluetooth headset and talking will enable machinima with your Sackboy. 

Gnizmo, I'm assuming you don't own a Playstation 3.

Around the Network

Why do people keep bringing up sales. The OP said nothing about sales, just the quality of the game.  The lip-synching thing sounds pretty cool.  The physics are pretty neat as well.

Kyros said:
It will definitely a success. The question is if it will be an ok success or a Monster Hunter success. It definitely makes for the best trailers. I still smile when I think about the helghast sackboys.

Definetely. They are trolling this thread.  Some people just don't want to own to the Playstation 3 having quality titles.  This site has a bad habit of using sales to judge the quality of a title.

On topic:

At Comic-Con I played this game with a buddy who is a religious COD4 fan.  This was NOT his type of game.  When we finally played together- in about 2 minutes, we had the same feeling of playing the Wii or Guitar Hero for the first time.

It was an epic sensation.  This game will not be a diamond in the rough.  If you have a friend who owns a PS3 and has this game, you'll definetely wow at this.

talkingparrot said:

We'll definetely see about that.  I don't want to argue sales about the game's sales. This thread's intent is to talk about the game being of quality calibur.  The preview I linked to up there, highlights features in the game most people are unaware of.  For example, using a bluetooth headset and talking will enable machinima with your Sackboy.

Gnizmo, I'm assuming you don't own a Playstation 3.

Currently, no. I have yet to see a game that really makes me want to buy one. There are some great titles out there for others, but they really don't do it for me. Disgaea 3 has some appeal to me but not $460 of appeal.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

This game is calling Soriku's name...

Gnizmo said:

Currently, no. I have yet to see a game that really makes me want to buy one. There are some great titles out there for others, but they really don't do it for me. Disgaea 3 has some appeal to me but not $460 of appeal.

Thats perfectly fine.  I see in your games collection you have a 360.  I'd suggest selling it so you can pass on Gears and Halo and perhaps gain Little Big Planet, Metal Gear, Disagaea, and others.  However, if it has zero appeal to you, nothing I can say.