By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Congrats you have been selected to receive a free apply ipod.

I want a free Ipod too, gimme gimme gimme, all I get is amazon adds and some german ones :(

Around the Network

Uh...that'd be ioi who complains about Adblock.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The ones that wind me up are the mosquito ads (I click on it to make the sound stop, and close the window) and them adds that play the sounds when you move your cursor over them "SAY SOMETHING.... whaaaaat?"

SamuelRSmith said:
The ones that wind me up are the mosquito ads (I click on it to make the sound stop, and close the window) and them adds that play the sounds when you move your cursor over them "SAY SOMETHING.... whaaaaat?"

Myspace ads confirmed.

Dolla Dolla - Although I don't get it, I'm laughing at that image.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Dolla Dolla - Although I don't get it, I'm laughing at that image.

The last one you posted, the smiley faces that go, "SAY SOMETHING ... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?", I've seen those on Myspace for months.

I don't think ioi gets to pick and choose which ads display. As discussed, some people get them, some don't. If you dislike advertising, use the adblock stuff, or clicky-clicky the donation button and give enough so ads can disappear

I would donate, but my parents would kill me. Can we pay ioi in good intentions?

I wouldn't use adblock until I can donate, as it could kill VGChartz if we all used Adblock.

Does ioi get paid if he just shows them, or does it work like Google advertising (pay-per-click).

btw - Dolla Dolla I think your avatar may be off-scale.

SamuelRSmith said:
I would donate, but my parents would kill me. Can we pay ioi in good intentions?

I wouldn't use adblock until I can donate, as it could kill VGChartz if we all used Adblock.

Does ioi get paid if he just shows them, or does it work like Google advertising (pay-per-click).

btw - Dolla Dolla I think your avatar may be off-scale.

Naaaaah, just put on your marketshare glasses

Thanks for the advice twesterm! Now I can surf VG Chartz in peace and quiet. :D

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

I don't get the free Iphone, but I do get the smileys who would be frowny if they were real and near me screaming "Say something!". Frowny and broken.

Shrug, I like site owners not paying out of pocket for their hosting fees, so I look at adds, and even click ones that appeal to me, even if I know I won't be buying from that particular service. Ooo, Pirates.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.