By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

kber81 said:
Avalach21 said:

Maybe GBallZack is actually smarter than Sony and we will see that this pricedrop was a bad decision. She just overestimated Sony's intelligence... that's all. Let's see if all the reasons she listed as to why Sony WOULDN'T drop the price happen. I would turly be impressed there. She can eat a little crow for stating that Sony would not drop the price, but if all else she said comes true, then you can eat a big crow diarehha platter.

Can you get your head out of her butt? It's geting tasteless. Overestimating intelligence? Man, give me a break. Start to find some girl in the real world... 

Are you suggesting I am merely defending her because I have an internet crush or something of the sort on the infamous "Gballzack?"  I merely think that the pricecut Sony put in order was a poor decision and that she listed all the right reasons as to why.  Whether she said that Sony would do it or not, it does not matter any more.  What matters now is the results of the price cut Sony did enact.  If she could forsee the repercussions that Sony couldn't, that would be impressive.

I don't know if Gballzack is a he, she, both, it or all 3.  I don't really care either.  I am merely defending the reasons she stated as to why Sony would not enact a pricedrop.

Edit: By the way, I have found a girl in the real world.  We've been dating for almost 3 years now, and we are very happy together.  Thank you.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
your mother said:

Come on now, kber81...

How are you even sure "it" is a girl?

Yeah, I don't now but to be honest I also don't give a s**t about his/her gender. I'm just shocked people can't accept such obviouis nomination. 

All I know is Gballzack and Akhmed Tepish are the same person...

Also how many times do I have to say this? The PS1 dropped its price almost exactly at the point the PS3 did and the Xbox and GC both dropped their prices before.

So keep hoping for Sony to die Gballzack it's not happening.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Avalach21 said:

I merely think that the pricecut Sony put in order was a poor decision and that she listed all the right reasons as to why. Whether she said that Sony would do it or not, it does not matter any more.

Crush? Actually you sound like her/him. Maybe, I'm infected by "you are Washimul" virus. Anyway, it matters. In this particular thread. It's not a thread about effects of Sony's price cut (or value increase if you prefer). It's about eating a crow. And she has crow served.

Edit: Also I demend John Lucas here. I don't care how close is his prediction. If there won't be Wii over X in July 31 it doesn't matter. It's a thread about "sure things".

Is crow being served for those "sony world domination starts at..whenever" or "the Wii is a fad"claims? If so, many people should have shitting feathers for months now.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network
VonShigsy said:
Is crow being served for those "sony world domination starts at..whenever" or "the Wii is a fad"claims? If so, many people should have shitting feathers for months now.

HAR HAR! 

ckmlb said:

Also how many times do I have to say this? The PS1 dropped its price almost exactly at the point the PS3 did and the Xbox and GC both dropped their prices before.

And the Xbox and GC were failures

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:

Not this again, you seriously consider 20 million consoles sold a failure?

If a console sells in 3rd or even 2nd it's not a failure as long as it has a big install base and great games.

Do you consider the PSP a failure too, I mean it has sold a lot less than the DS but is still selling very well and will continue for a couple more years probably.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:

Not this again, you seriously consider 20 million consoles sold a failure?

If a console sells in 3rd or even 2nd it's not a failure as long as it has a big install base and great games.

Do you consider the PSP a failure too, I mean it has sold a lot less than the DS but is still selling very well and will continue for a couple more years probably.

I knew you would knitpick my statement.  I didn't think I'd have to post this.

The Xbox and Gamecube were both failures in regards to marketshare.  When the PS2 sold 120 or something million units, yeah... I do consider 20 million consoles a failure (In regards to MARKETSHARE)  

(if you would like to know,[in my opinion] each console had it's success and failures.  Nintendo failed by losing so much marketshare compared to their golden age, and even their N64 run.  They were successful in that they made more profit than either Sony or Microsoft through the generation cycle.  Sony was successful in that they managed to capture such a large majority of the marketshare.  I guess they sort of failed in a way if a company that only managed to caputre 16% of the marketshare that you did made over 2x the profit you did.  Microsoft failed in that they lost 4 billion dollars and that they only held a small fraction of the marketshare, but they succeeded in breaking into the videogame market against 2 longtime contendors, something that many consoles have had difficutly doing in the past.)

And if you are trying to justify the PS3's pricedrop by saying that the Xbox and GC did it too, well... the Xbox and GC both had a very small amount of marketshare.  Now, Nintendo can survive without as much market share, as their business startegy isn't AS dependant on 3rd party software, plus they don't subsidize their hardware at the expense of software.  Now also, the Xbox lost 4 billion dollars.  So if sony is in the same boat as the GC and/or Xbox, that is not very good.  Sony can't pull Gamecube marketshare numbers and survive.  That is not how their business strategy works.

I really didn't think I'd have to type that all out...

Its not a pricedrop. Sony's dumping the 60 gig model all together by august. Its a 1 month sale. In 1 month, the PS3 will cost 599 USD, for the only model sony sells.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.