By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

You guys can go on about that sort of talk elsewhere.

This thread is for those who should be gnawing on the bones of genus Corvus.

Please don't continue to derail ... I beg



Around the Network

Uh...who said the second shot was CGI either? I just picked a couple random screenshots...

So wait, you think the 2nd picture is CGI now too?

Oh come on!  Why do you think that all close-ups of characters in in-game screenshots are CGI?  All you do is press pause, zoom in, and use the joystick to rotate the camera...of course Sakurai's debug menu allows for a lot more camera options I'm sure.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Legend11 said:
Bodhesatva said:
This is awful. Everybody stop -- it's hammer time.

Yeah I'm getting sick of this. Naznatips can say anything he wants about me or associate me with things and absolutely nothing gets done but if a PS3 or 360 fan for example says anything bad about Wii fans they're warned then banned. I should know, I got a warning and threatened with a ban from a mod when I said the statement "Wii fans should have their eyes examined if they think that picture looks good" or something to that affect (in a 360 discussion thread in which someone annoyingly posted a Wii pic). Got to love this site.


I have not insulted you.  I simply disproved your argument.  I'm sorry if you take that as an insult, but you will have a lot of difficulty in life if you always think you are right and are never willing to admit you are wrong.  Anyone reading that thread can see how many times you tried to change the angle of your argument. 

You said that picture is CGI from the E3 2006 trailer.  I showed that it was very obviously not in it.  Then you say thats where they got the pictures and that's why the trailer isn't on the site.  Then I showed you where it is on the site.  Then you said you were talking about the E3 2007 trailer, and it was in that instead.  Then I showed that (15 second) trailer of gameplay footage, and then you changed your argument to saying the whole E3 2006 trailer was CGI.  I then went through and told you the individual sections of the trailer that were CGI animation.  Then you changed your argument to "It must be CGI because it's in HD on gametrailers."  I showed that other non-CGI Wii trailers are in HD on gametrailers, and numerous people corrected you that it's not true HD, just upscaled, and now you are attacking the site because you are upset that your argument was disproved. 

Call me crazy, but I thought I was the one providing reasonable evidence here and you were the one arguing senselessly.



Dolla Dolla said:
You guys can go on about that sort of talk elsewhere.

This thread is for those who should be gnawing on the bones of genus Corvus.

Please don't continue to derail ... I beg


Sorry Dolla, your right.  I didn't mean to derail your great thread.  You can look forward to one of us returning to serve up some crow and get the thread back on track soon. :)

Alright so then we are adjourning back to the original thread? This is amusing stuff!



To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

We're big fans of Super Smash Bros, and we know what we're talking about...we've seen all the Melee screenshots before the game came out...and actually...Melee ended up looking better than the screenshots, in my opinion, though that's partially because the screenshots were of poor quality.

My point is, the pictures posted on www.smashbros.com are actual screenshots from the videogame Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. There are two enhanced trailers so far, the E3 06 trailer and the Subspace Emissary trailer...where they use, as far as we know, ingame models, but with more effects and better animations. But that's it.

That picture of Link, the picture of Link and Samus fighting, whatever picture you want to pick out...it's taken from the actual game.   We're not trying to inflate our Wii egos or trying to make anybody feel insecure...we're trying to set the real facts straight, because this isn't an ambiguous trailer we have going on, these are actual gameplay screenshots, and actual gameplay footage shown as well, such as the 15 second movie and parts of the E3 trailer.

Ok, I'm done with this now.  You can have your thread back.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I felt the need to revive this after seeing the silly threads about shipped/sold units that pop up EVERY FRICKING MONTH it seems.



elprincipe said, in thread 10441:

You think that government-run health care is more efficient than private? Prove it. I'll be prepared to eat crow if you do, but I seriously doubt ever having to do that.
Yeah, sure, government has less bureaucracy and higher efficiency...except that it never has for any government program in the history of mankind. I await any proof (nonexistent though it may be) to the contrary.


I said:  

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail/10004352.2005.html

"Results of the Insurance Industry Trade Association study indicate that the [VA Insurance Program] consistently exceeds its benchmark targets and compares favorably to commercial life insurance companies. In addition, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), another performance study that tracks trends in customer satisfaction, provides benchmarking insights for commercial companies, and government agencies. The program's score of 90 out of a possible 100 in death awards processing exceeded the private life insurance sector's score of 75 and the federal government-wide score of 68.6."

The VA Insurance Program may be a beacon shining in the dark, but it is a beacon that elprincipe must follow here, where his crow is waiting for him.  



Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

elprincipe said, in thread 10441:

You think that government-run health care is more efficient than private? Prove it. I'll be prepared to eat crow if you do, but I seriously doubt ever having to do that.
Yeah, sure, government has less bureaucracy and higher efficiency...except that it never has for any government program in the history of mankind. I await any proof (nonexistent though it may be) to the contrary.


I said:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail/10004352.2005.html

"Results of the Insurance Industry Trade Association study indicate that the [VA Insurance Program] consistently exceeds its benchmark targets and compares favorably to commercial life insurance companies. In addition, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), another performance study that tracks trends in customer satisfaction, provides benchmarking insights for commercial companies, and government agencies. The program's score of 90 out of a possible 100 in death awards processing exceeded the private life insurance sector's score of 75 and the federal government-wide score of 68.6."

The VA Insurance Program may be a beacon shining in the dark, but it is a beacon that elprincipe must follow here, where his crow is waiting for him.


You know, I thought you might do this. You need to actually prove what you claim in order for me to accept this offer. Go back to the other thread and reply to my questions. Spending more to produce the same isn't more efficient, and it's not more efficient than everything to be better than some but not others.



In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
Final-Fan said:

elprincipe said, in thread 10441:

You think that government-run health care is more efficient than private? Prove it. I'll be prepared to eat crow if you do, but I seriously doubt ever having to do that.
Yeah, sure, government has less bureaucracy and higher efficiency...except that it never has for any government program in the history of mankind. I await any proof (nonexistent though it may be) to the contrary.


I said:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail/10004352.2005.html

"Results of the Insurance Industry Trade Association study indicate that the [VA Insurance Program] consistently exceeds its benchmark targets and compares favorably to commercial life insurance companies. In addition, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), another performance study that tracks trends in customer satisfaction, provides benchmarking insights for commercial companies, and government agencies. The program's score of 90 out of a possible 100 in death awards processing exceeded the private life insurance sector's score of 75 and the federal government-wide score of 68.6."

The VA Insurance Program may be a beacon shining in the dark, but it is a beacon that elprincipe must follow here, where his crow is waiting for him.


You know, I thought you might do this. You need to actually prove what you claim in order for me to accept this offer. Go back to the other thread and reply to my questions. Spending more to produce the same isn't more efficient, and it's not more efficient than everything to be better than some but not others.


See Fortune Magazine, May 15th, 2006.  Veteran Healthcare is THE MOST cost efficent healthcare there is.  Or at the very least was at that time.  So, yeah, guess you have some crow to eat.