By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

elprincipe said:
Final-Fan said:

elprincipe said, in thread 10441:

You think that government-run health care is more efficient than private? Prove it. I'll be prepared to eat crow if you do, but I seriously doubt ever having to do that.
Yeah, sure, government has less bureaucracy and higher efficiency...except that it never has for any government program in the history of mankind. I await any proof (nonexistent though it may be) to the contrary.

I said:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail/10004352.2005.html

"Results of the Insurance Industry Trade Association study indicate that the [VA Insurance Program] consistently exceeds its benchmark targets and compares favorably to commercial life insurance companies. In addition, the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), another performance study that tracks trends in customer satisfaction, provides benchmarking insights for commercial companies, and government agencies. The program's score of 90 out of a possible 100 in death awards processing exceeded the private life insurance sector's score of 75 and the federal government-wide score of 68.6."

The VA Insurance Program may be a beacon shining in the dark, but it is a beacon that elprincipe must follow here, where his crow is waiting for him.

You know, I thought you might do this. You need to actually prove what you claim in order for me to accept this offer. Go back to the other thread and reply to my questions. Spending more to produce the same isn't more efficient, and it's not more efficient than everything to be better than some but not others.

See Fortune Magazine, May 15th, 2006.  Veteran Healthcare is THE MOST cost efficent healthcare there is.  Or at the very least was at that time.  So, yeah, guess you have some crow to eat.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
read page 1 leo-j, and that's sephiroth? i thought it was a tunnel

.....are you seeing things?

mM
leo-j said:
dtewi said:
read page 1 leo-j, and that's sephiroth? i thought it was a tunnel

.....are you seeing things?

That post is 3 months old; perhaps he was referring to your avatar?  In any case it's irrelevant. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'd like to eat a little crow here.  Kasz216 has shown me with this article http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/15/8376846/index.htm that the government is doing something well for a change.  Hopefully it will continue!  But here I go:

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

There is crow to be eaten for the travesty that is 360/LO sales in Japan opening week.

mmmmm ... precious crow ......

Around the Network

Gimme some crow. I said HALO 3 would not outsell GoW.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Did JL eat crow yet about his WiiFit prediction?

cool48 said:
Did JL eat crow yet about his WiiFit prediction?

Technically, he doesn't have to until first week sales for WiiFit come in for NA and EU.

Then, he will be served 

Hmm would crow taste bad?

Soriku said:
By year's end it won't sell 8 mil, or 7 mil, and I doubt 6 mil. Look at how long the PS3s been in 3 mil. MONTHS. Don't expect 6-8 mil. Expect a solid 4.9-5.5 if they're lucky.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4590