By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 - How Massive Will It Be?

3 million sold. Franchises are outselling the Gamecube versions by a lot.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Sucks Pikmin 2 sold less than the first one because it many times a better game.

If they get the mix for casuals vs core gamers right, like they did beautifully with Mario Kart, it will 3 or 4 million easy.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I'm fairly confident that Pikmin 3 will pass 2 million. A lot of people got introduced to Olimar in Brawl and might want to know what the fuss is about.

I am far less optimistic about the sales of this franchise. While the quality of the first two titles is undeniable, the sales they generated are abysmal for first-party Nintendo titles.

Additionally, the original Pikmin was a launch title and it was only able to generate 1.6 million in sales. And the sequel only showed continued interest from the Japanese market, as the other market sales figures were cut in half, resulting in total sales of just over 1 million by the figures on this site.

A third Pikmin will benefit from a much larger userbase. But unless Nintendo really updates the game to be more accessible and take advantage of the Wii's capabilities, I can't see the sales go much past 2 million.
That being said, I can't wait to see what Nintendo is doing with this franchise.

i'd say Pikmin has the potential to sell a maximum of 3 Million , anyone saying 5 million must be kiddin themselves.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
A lot of people got introduced to Olimar in Brawl and might want to know what the fuss is about.

Good point.

PSN - hanafuda

It appeals to both casual and hardcore, should easily outsell the 1st two

i dont really think it will be a bridge title as its more complicated than something like mario kart

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia