By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 - How Massive Will It Be?

Nintendo are clearly banking on this title as the ravenous, disgruntled Wii hardcore got them to cough up the fact that it is currently in development, and the mere mention of it would be enough to appease said gaming fanatics.

As such, how is it going to fair on the Wii platform?

Pikmin sold about 1.6 million globally.

Pikmin 2 performed considerably worse with a global tally of about 1 million.

Pikmin 3?  I'm not so sure this is really what Wii owners want.  Unless it has multiplayer co-op I can't see it attracting too much attention. 

I'm thinking 1.25 million total worldwide.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all the Gamecube's franchises that Nintendo has released on the Wii have seen equal or better sales than the last Gamecube installment, and this'll probably be the same. It'll at least match the original, I think.

i think it will clear 3 easily.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Multiplayer was in the second one.

I think many people found out about this franchise later on in the GC's life and bought used copies (the same can be said for many games).

But here's the kicker...
Hardcore gamers don't drive Wii game sales. Take a look at Metroid Prime 3. It's still at 1.46 million units. It's the end of a trilogy....has near perfect controls, looks beautiful...and still doesn't have a candle to hold against carnival games.

In short...the ravenous hardcore don't care how many units it sells. Pikmin 3 will be a great game that is a guaranteed million seller and for many here it's a day-one purchase.

Your 1.25 million total might be pretty good.....
But I'd bring that to about 1.75 million if it has online co-op or online competitions.

1.35mil sold after the first year, depending on how good the legs are i could see 2mil tops over the lifespan of the wii.

Around the Network

I missed out on the whole pikmin thing during the GC era, so I'm not crazed about this one.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

depends when its released, Q1 2009 is looking like a veyr oacked period. plus we dont know that nintendo might release another title before pikmin

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

dib8rman said:
I missed out on the whole pikmin thing during the GC era, so I'm not crazed about this one.

Well, thankfully the GC games play on the Wii.  You should head over to your nearest games dealer and pick up a copy and get with the program.  What's the worst it could set you back?  $10?

Man as soon as I read Pikmin 3 I was “oh yes some news finely!!!” but then read the rest…:/ man can’t wait for this game!!.

I think it will pass the first one

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think 1.5 million worldwide unless advertise it heavily.