By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 - How Massive Will It Be?

4 million id say

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Multiplayer was in the second one.

I think many people found out about this franchise later on in the GC's life and bought used copies (the same can be said for many games).

But here's the kicker...
Hardcore gamers don't drive Wii game sales. Take a look at Metroid Prime 3. It's still at 1.46 million units. It's the end of a trilogy....has near perfect controls, looks beautiful...and still doesn't have a candle to hold against carnival games.

In short...the ravenous hardcore don't care how many units it sells. Pikmin 3 will be a great game that is a guaranteed million seller and for many here it's a day-one purchase.

Your 1.25 million total might be pretty good.....
But I'd bring that to about 1.75 million if it has online co-op or online competitions.

i actually had a CG and hadn't heard about pikmin until olimar was announce for SSBB.  since then i went back and bought pikmin 1 and it's great.  my guess is a lot of people got their first exposure to pikmin via SSBB.

as far as metroid goes...i've been meaning to pick that up forever.  it was released before i could find a wii and zelda was a more compelling 1st purchase.

Good games, now they should put a lot more effor on a third one...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I never played Pikmin, but Pikmin 2 was an absolutely great game. I can't wait for the next sequel.

I think that it will sell 2 million.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I think if there was a Pikmin 3, it would sell about 2.25m, if it was advertised.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
stranne said:
5 million, it has some casual appeal and the Wii will have at least 4 times the sales of GC.

I also think something around 5 million

5 million? that would out sell zelda. pikmin is nowhere near that popular.

1.75-2.25 mil.

2 million would be a safe bet.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

I think the first game sold better because it was released soon after the launch of the GC when there was little competition.

The second game was better but performed much worse.

By multiplayer I meant like 4P or so.

PSN - hanafuda

Pikmin may be massive but, from what I'm told, LBP will be huge.