By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII < Final Fantasy versus XIII?

I haven't noticed this at all.

I have always thought FFXIII looked much better than versus. I prefer the more colourful art direction and it seems to be less of a A-JRPG. Versus is also made by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Kingdom Hearts is pretty meh.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Yeah, it's pretty funny how that worked. I guess some people may've reasoned themselves into it being inferior because "it can't fully take advantage of the PS3" or whatever. But there's little doubt that a lot of the downplaying of FFXIII is based on the fact that it can no longer be used as fanboy ammo. I believe that if you check out some older threads, you'll find it being thrown in Xbox fans' faces; stuff to the tune of "Star Ocean 4 is an LOLJRPG compared to the real deal, FFXIII!"

And if you look back you'll also see the other side of the fence claiming that FFXIII won't be that great, the series is in decline, and they would prefer SO4 anyway.  People are biased towards the console of their choice (most are anyway) so I don't see how this is some big revelation.

Fanboys < Real gamers

Both look fucking amazing. And its also a fact that XIII>versus since all SE spinoffs have underachieved

The_Red_Shade said:
Torillian said:
The_Red_Shade said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
What about the people who were saying it'd be crap before it became multiplat?

I'm not referring to those individuals. I'm talking about the people that were interested in the game and yet, quickly changed their opinion once the Multiplat announcement was made.

If you  focus on only one side of the hypocrasy, it makes it look like you're only pointing out the hypocrasy to further some agenda.

Nope. I have no agenda on the matter. If people thought that FFXII looked less good than Versus before the announcement, then that's great. But geez, to change opinion once it went multiplat is stupid.

final fantasy is never crap.

But there were alot of people with a 360 that thought final fantasy was crap until the multiplatform announcement as well. Make a thread about that.

Torillian said:
badgenome said:
Yeah, it's pretty funny how that worked. I guess some people may've reasoned themselves into it being inferior because "it can't fully take advantage of the PS3" or whatever. But there's little doubt that a lot of the downplaying of FFXIII is based on the fact that it can no longer be used as fanboy ammo. I believe that if you check out some older threads, you'll find it being thrown in Xbox fans' faces; stuff to the tune of "Star Ocean 4 is an LOLJRPG compared to the real deal, FFXIII!"

And if you look back you'll also see the other side of the fence claiming that FFXIII won't be that great, the series is in decline, and they would prefer SO4 anyway. People are biased towards the console of their choice (most are anyway) so I don't see how this is some big revelation.

It's not a big revelation. It's just funny.

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
i always thought versus looked more interesting, alot of people did actually.

what he said, i remember me and starcraft discussing it over a nice cup of te, ok it was a war fest but it was discussed. he was saying he dont care if FF13 is exclusice because the game he wants FFV13 is going to go multiplat, he was so wrong on that one lol, and i said no i would prefere loosing FF13 over verses

Both games will be very good. I would give the edge to FF XIII Versus. But having said that I am not a fan of JRPGs and I will give both of them a miss.

versus might be a multiplat, i don't see why SE wouldn't put it on X360

Lolcislaw said:
versus might be a multiplat, i don't see why SE wouldn't put it on X360

nomura

I see them as internal competition in the company. Dev team A vs Team B.

vsXIII and XIII are on par in the graphic department, but I prefer vsXIII based on the trailers I watched.

- Main char is a guy.
- Dark enviornment
- Directed by Nomura
- KH team
- ARPG

I will still buy both though. =)