By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut week of Sept. 7; 60GB $299, Elite $399, Arcade $199

Good, now more people can enjoy this:

Around the Network

Can't wait to see the sales!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Only can only hope that the gamers that pick up a X360 that week each pick up a copy of ToV and IU.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Since Infinate Undiscovery is a Microsoft published game, are there any chances that they would do a small bundle of the game to help drive sales?

Tease.

Microsoft really should do more special edition bundle in Japan. Japanese market seems to love that kind of thing. Infinite Undiscovery buncle even limit to just 6000 units would go a long way in helping moving the 360.

As for bundle in the US ... I doubt that very much.

@Squilliam
I thought this (IU) is Square Enix publish game now?

@stick
As much as I wish for that scenario. I think most people that pick up Arcade will probably get Halo 3 and Gear or COD4 ... A guy at my work just got a 360 and his first 3 games was Halo3, COD4 and Bioshock. Yay, shooter box go!

Around the Network

Omg MS is giving a last fight, what MS can do now is just cut and cut and cut 360 price

Very interesting

Jason77 said:
Omg MS is giving a last fight, what MS can do now is just cut and cut and cut 360 price

Very interesting

Yes, Cutting the price of a 3 year old console is a sign of desperation. Lets see, lauched at $299 and $399 and after 3 years it is going down to $199 and $299.  That actually seems very well in line with all previous consoles or even held out much longer than expected.

now people cant argue that the wii sells because its cheaper. ;)

OT: i think im going to get myself a 60GB this christmas if the price stays.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Glad to hear the price cut is pretty much confirmed now. I'm looking forward to see how 360 sales are after the cut takes effect.

I already have 2 360's, so I don't think I'll get another though it would be nice to have a US 360 instead of my 2 JP 360's, haha. ;-p It would make importing games much easier though. I could always pick up a US Arcade 360, sell my old JP Core 360 and use the 20gb hd w/it and of course still keep my JP Elite 360 ;-p or maybe I could get a PS3 instead! (yeah, right, hahahaha)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Dolla Dolla said:
VGChartz Exclusive information comes true, showing doubters (here's looking at you, DMJ) that they were right.

Correct.

I was a doubter, and now I'm incorrect.

I didn't believe (which is my right), but now, I do. 

So now that we can all agree that this is true, then lets get on with what we think it's going to do?

The Arcade during MS's "shortage" was readily found.  I saw Arcades all up and through any respectable gaming store, or any general store with a Videogame section. 

So that 200 isn't going to be too huge, the real point is the Elite being priced with the PS3.  We've seen what the pro did at 300, which according to NPD was nothing, I think the elite is the one to watch.