By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut week of Sept. 7; 60GB $299, Elite $399, Arcade $199

DMeisterJ said:
Dolla Dolla said:
VGChartz Exclusive information comes true, showing doubters (here's looking at you, DMJ) that they were right.

Correct.

I was a doubter, and now I'm incorrect.

I didn't believe (which is my right), but now, I do. 

So now that we can all agree that this is true, then lets get on with what we think it's going to do?

The Arcade during MS's "shortage" was readily found.  I saw Arcades all up and through any respectable gaming store, or any general store with a Videogame section. 

So that 200 isn't going to be too huge, the real point is the Elite being priced with the PS3.  We've seen what the pro did at 300, which according to NPD was nothing, I think the elite is the one to watch.

The difference in price was much smaller, and the HDD costs were greater. Now the Arcade costs $200 and the addon HDD with a headset and 3 months of Live costs only $100 more and the Premium is now 50% more expensive than the Arcade, whereas before it was 25% more expensive so people were more willing to wait for it.

Tease.

Around the Network
skeezer said:
Passenger57 said:
Geeez a lot of folks on this site are super sensitive, and what does it matter if the ps3 beats the 360 by 20 or so thousand for the next 3 years, if they don't catch up. Sony drowning the company trying to catch the 360. At Skeezer, It's funny because the wii is kickin both in the azz.

Yes its true...and I have nothing against the wii, it's great, I might get one soon, if I can get a job.

oh, i see, you just dont like 360..

It will have marginal impact upon consoles in America. Maybe a 10k increase in X360 sales for a week or two.

DMeisterJ said:
There we go!

Finally some concrete evidence!

Now lets see how well this price drop goes over... We know how well the last one went over according to NPD...

I wouldn't really call the last one a price drop, it was more a clearance sale for the already announced 60 GB pro. Add in the rumors of a price drop and the 20 GB pro at $300 isn't really such a great deal anymore. At the new prices I have to say the Elite really seems like poor value to me. The difference between 20 GB and 120 GB is big, but is 60 GB versus 120GB difference worth $100? 

This does make the arcade very appealing simply because if MS does bring the 60gig hard drive starter pack to the us(already been annonced in EU) at the same price as the 20 gig hard drive now it would mean you could basicly pick up the pro at the same price but do it in stpes.
Arcade with memory card 199(play games for a little while and all that)
Want to get online add 100 and you have spent 299 same as the pro but not all in one go.
Remember the starter bundle has 60gig hard drive head set and 3 months xbox live.

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
DMeisterJ said:
There we go!

Finally some concrete evidence!

Now lets see how well this price drop goes over... We know how well the last one went over according to NPD...

I wouldn't really call the last one a price drop, it was more a clearance sale for the already announced 60 GB pro. Add in the rumors of a price drop and the 20 GB pro at $300 isn't really such a great deal anymore. At the new prices I have to say the Elite really seems like poor value to me. The difference between 20 GB and 120 GB is big, but is 60 GB versus 120GB difference worth $100? 

At the new prices the Elite doesn't seem to be as good as a value vs. the 60gb model.

Though the Elite does come w/the HDMI AV Cable hook-ups ( http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-HDMI-AV-Cable/dp/B000UODATY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1219319894&sr=1-2 ), which is good for hooking up to TOSlink connection on your surround sound home theater.

When I got my Elite it was about $60-$70 or so more than the 20gb Pro system, which I thought was pretty good for the extra HD space (120gb vs. 20gb) and the cable I mentioned above, which is why I picked it up(that and I wanted the black system). I was going to get the Halo 360, but I didn't like that it had the same 20gb hd as the Pro.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

skeezer said:
Microsoft really wants to compete against Sony....it's a little too late.

How is it to late. 360 is 5.5million ahead WW. That is no small number. If anything Sony need to act.

Jason77 said:
Omg MS is giving a last fight, what MS can do now is just cut and cut and cut 360 price

Very interesting

Would people stop acting like this. How is it a lst fight when they are 5.5 million ahead of 3rd.

selnor said:
skeezer said:
Microsoft really wants to compete against Sony....it's a little too late.

How is it to late. 360 is 5.5million ahead WW. That is no small number. If anything Sony need to act.

Which is pretty much the same gap as when the PS3 was released.

The best console of this gen now with the best price!! The xbox brand just keeps getting better. MS = new KING of games

All they need to do now is break into the casual market and skyrocket past that waggle thing.