By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut week of Sept. 7; 60GB $299, Elite $399, Arcade $199

VGChartz Exclusive information comes true, showing doubters (here's looking at you, DMJ) that they were right.

Around the Network

^^Only 6 more days until your life is forfeit.

Well let's not forget to factor in the $1.1 Trillion doller net cost Sony lost and $980 Microsoft lost too.

/jk :^) ha ha ha

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Squilliam said:
Lets see - Arcade: $80 off, and its a 30% cut to the retail price.
Premium $50 off, and its a 15% cut to the retail price.

The Premium now costs 50% more than the Arcade at the relative prices of $200 for the Arcade and $300 for the Premium.

Wheres before the premium cost 25% more than the Arcade at the relative prices of $280 for the Arcade and $350 for the premium.

The difference between them now is quite clear, the Arcade is of unquestionable value when compared, well to anything.

Yup. It'll be very interesting to see how Microsoft services the Arcade stocks in the US stores. When it launched last year, it sold out pretty quickly, and seems to of shifted consumer interest in the Xbox 360...I'm not saying Aracde is selling better than the Pro/Premium, but I doubt it's as low as the 10% that has been quoted for LTD sales when the Core was the available unit.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Retrasado said:
Passenger57 said:
Geeez a lot of folks on this site are super sensitive, and what does it matter if the ps3 beats the 360 by 20 or so thousand for the next 3 years, if they don't catch up. Sony drowning the company trying to catch the 360. At Skeezer, It's funny because the wii is kickin both in the azz.

ummm.... actually, that would be M$ drowning the company to beat Sony. $6.5 billion loss? Now that my friend, is insanity. Especially considering this price drop will really cut into the meager amount of dough M$ has been making on the Xbox in recent months. Also, what does the Wii have to do with this discussion?

Sony did that to win the format war I would think. Trying to "catch" the 360 would be pretty pathetic I would think, and chopping off $100 off of its base pricing isn't what I would call trying to drown your company.

I'll say it again, I don't think Sony really cares about Microsoft that much. They don't really need to since its pretty much inevitable that they will outsell the 360. Its nothing to celebrate, the 360 really doesn't sell well at all and I'm fairly sure that the PS3 has sold more this YTD than any Microsoft console ever has. (Is this true?)

Around the Network

At $199 the arcade will become very attractive, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw massive shortages of this SKU - MS Marketing will be torn between keeping stock or trying to bait them with the $199 and send 'em home with an upgrade (so they can encourage DLC).

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Interesting word choice in the ad.

"Save" usually connotes to be a temporary price drop -- not a permanent reduction.

Also, I agree with the poster who thinks the Arcade may be on its way out. My guess is that it does not live long into 2009.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

It's a damn shame that a hdd-less HD console is being peddled so hard.  It limits game development for 360 and PS3 games.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

It's a damn shame that a hdd-less HD console is being peddled so hard.  It limits game development for 360 and PS3 games.

It wouldn't matter that they are peddling it, the fact that it even exists is what is hindering it.  M$ hopes that maybe they can get people to buy the arcade and then buy the starter pack later on.

i wonder whats going to happen to ps3 sales and 360 sales