By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut week of Sept. 7; 60GB $299, Elite $399, Arcade $199

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

It's a damn shame that a hdd-less HD console is being peddled so hard.  It limits game development for 360 and PS3 games.

Yeah I agree for a company so big on DLC to have a sku without a hard drive is not cool

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

The price cut and a strong Christmas line up with Fable 2 and GOW2 should mean a good 2008 ending for MS

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

wow, I just saw this ad myself. Glad to see our exclusive is being proven true. :)

It's going to be an interesting September when this actual hits.

axumblade said:
jenny said:
Jason77 said:
Omg MS is giving a last fight, what MS can do now is just cut and cut and cut 360 price

Very interesting

Yes, Cutting the price of a 3 year old console is a sign of desperation. Lets see, lauched at $299 and $399 and after 3 years it is going down to $199 and $299. That actually seems very well in line with all previous consoles or even held out much longer than expected.

uh huh. Well, basing it off of last generations consoles, most companies dropped their price 2004-2006. "Coincidentally" their new consoles came out a year later. hmm. Yeah that sounds like something that generally happens 3 years (on handhelds).

The Playstation 2 had it's price dropped from $299 to $199 in 2002...Did that mean the PS3 launched shortly thereafter?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well it looks like Radioshack might have also confirmed the price cut:

http://kotaku.com/5040101/radio-shack-confirms-360-price-cuts

Way back on Aug. 1 we posted on the rumor that the Xbox 360 was getting across-the-board price cuts, knocking the hard-drive-less Arcade down to $199, the 60GB Pro to $299 and the 120GB Elite to $399.

Reader Patrick sent in these pictures this morning of the Radio Shack circular for the week starting Sept. 7 which appears to verify at least two of those prices: The Elite for $400 and the Arcade for $200.

Hit the jump for the close-ups.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"