By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Sony Leipzig 2008 Press Conference Thread...

axumblade said:

Overall, it wasn't terrible. It wasn't as amazing as the Sony rep alluded to last month at e3 but at least it was something.

Singstar - Might actually have a chance against Lips if people had the PS2 versions.
Heavy Rain - at least something was shown from it.
LittleBigPlanet - The fact that not everything needs to be character created. (50 pre-made levels).
PS3 160 gb - Not a bad idea but proof that PS3 are avoiding BC again.
PSP 3000 - No surprise unless you don't go to forums or news websites for games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing they did with e3 (where they put a bunch of trailers not talked about in the presentation on the PSN). Also, at least they showed up and did something for their system (albeit it wasn't as much as many or more like all of the ps3 fans had hoped).

The Sony rep said actually said, "Wait for TGS." 

It was the knowledge that Heavy Rain would be shown, as well as a guy on NeoGAF from totalplaystation.com saying big stuff would be shown that lead to the Leipzig hype.

Around the Network
psrock said:
makingmusic476 said:
psrock said:
DMeisterJ said:
Oh, I forgot:

LBP will be huge.

that game wont sell 2 million.

You're right.  It will sell 3-4 million.  Possibly more. :P

you guys are dreaming. MGS4 was hype as hell, it's barely creeping to 4million, yet LBP, a new IP, will get there. 2 million is my number, that's it.

MGS4 has only been out two and a half months, and MGS games usually creep to 4 million anyway.  After they go Greatest Hits (which won't happen for a year at least, probably), they usually wind up around the 5 million range.

And you act as if no new IP could possibly end up more widely accepted than the extremely hardcore MGS...

That keyboard looks kinda cool although unwieldy. I probably won't waste my money, but it's a welcome addition.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

makingmusic476 said:
iclim4 said:
What's "Origami killer"?
I haven't heard that game before.

A subtitle often used for Heavy Rain.

Fudge. >_>

Atleast that controller attachment looks sexy. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I will be dissappointed in every Sony conference from now on, and until they announce PS2 games on the PS Store...

Around the Network

Does someone know what Heavy rain is about is it and adventure or what.

Why no Uncharted 2?

I was hoping for some more stuff on GoW, as well as release dates for WipEout HD and Resistance 2, that is the only one without a release date yet

The LBP content looks great, though I still found that quite disapointing

Not bad IMO at least they announced new harware and some new albeit casual games. The 3rd parties still have things to announce like Konami and their new PSN game, thei new Shadow type game slated for 2010, and we still have the announcement from SEED studios.

*SONY Defense Cap, ACTIVATE!!!*

Europe is mainly a casuall market. You guys shouldn't have expected anything for core gaming. Heavy Rain was a huge nicely added bonus though. You guys have to wait for TGS, and future conferences. Now lets all go and enjoy some of the great psn titles on PSN. And even some of the great Bluray releases. DID you know that MGS4 was on a 50GB BD???!!! That's why it's only possible on the PS3. YAY SONY!!!!

4 ≈ One

Munkeh111 said:
Why no Uncharted 2?

I was hoping for some more stuff on GoW, as well as release dates for WipEout HD and Resistance 2, that is the only one without a release date yet

The LBP content looks great, though I still found that quite disapointing

If Uncharted 2 was shown, it would've been shown at E3, along with the other SCEA stuff.