By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Code Geass... Best Anime Ever ?

jomiba said:

I might make some really big enemies in my first post on this website.

It all depends on what you consider a great anime.  Code Geass had that rare ability to bring me to the point where I needed to see the next episode.  I didn't want to put it down or take a break.  It's very hard for me to find an ending I like.  We can all think of a few epic failures to show endings (i.e. Evangelion, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, etc...), but Code Geass' ending was as close to perfect as I've ever seen.  So in my opinion Code Geass wins the best anime in my book.

Cowboy Bebop fans, I'm sorry.  That show = epic failure.  It was an awesome idea.  The show was just plain cool, but outside of that it has nothing.  I own the whole series on DVD and have seen it twice after watching it with other friends.  I can say that there are probably about 8 episodes that actually pertain or even hint at the plot, and each episode is almost a stand-alone episode.  The only ones that weren't stand-alone were the last two or three, if that.  Cowboy Bebop by far had the most potential but was awfully done in terms of plot.

A comparable one to Cowboy Bebop was Burst Angel, and i felt like wringing the makers of that anime by their necks after they butchered a show with such great graphics by using such a pitiful plotline.

But they were awesome standalone episodes!  :D

Around the Network

Alright, so now I'm on episode 3 of Code Gaess and I'm glad I decided to watch it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit right now. I like the twist that Suzaku is the good guy working for the bad guys and lelouche seems to be a rather unscrupulous unsavory character. It's not just a clear cut "here's the good guys and the bad guys" so far.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Alright, so now I'm on episode 3 of Code Gaess and I'm glad I decided to watch it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit right now. I like the twist that Suzaku is the good guy working for the bad guys and lelouche seems to be a rather unscrupulous unsavory character. It's not just a clear cut "here's the good guys and the bad guys" so far.

Bwaha.  That "twist" is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This show is deeper than most anything you've yet encountered in the anime world.  Just wait until season 2.  You'll finish the series, reread your post, and chuckle.

makingmusic476 said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Bwaha.  That "twist" is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This show is deeper than most anything you've yet encountered in the anime world.  Just wait until season 2.  You'll finish the series, reread your post, and chuckle.

I watch plenty of anime, so it's not like I expected it to be DBZ or Naruto. But alot of anime is "Gun Sword" in that it's just anime archetypes doing very archetypal things. It's nice when they try to do something a little different. I hope it does have plenty of twists and turns, because thus far (just saw episode 3) it's got alot of potential. Enjoying it so far. Lelouche seems like a Deathnote character thrown into a gundam universe, which I say as a good thing. It has alot of possibility for suspenseful and compelling story threads with nice twists. I like how each episode thus far ends on a little "gotcha!" kind of moment to make sure you want to see the next episode. It's well done.

When was this series started if I might ask?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It's one of THE best imo hands down :) THE best? Personal taste is the deal breaker

And btw READY for the new season? If I'm not mistaken it's coming out this year :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Code Geass is one of my favorite animes. It simply amazing. Can't wait for the new Code Geass series.

Blacksaber said:
I feel Rurouni Kenshin, FMA and Cowboy Bebop are better...

I agree. Code Geass is pretty awesome but it's not the best ever.

Best anime ever, huh.

I suppose I will need to sit down and give it a shot with my critical eye.

Khuutra said:
Best anime ever, huh.

I suppose I will need to sit down and give it a shot with my critical eye.

It really isn't.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Best anime ever?!

um, no it's not.

season 1 was decent though despite its numerous plot-holes. season 2 on the other hand is just terrible.