By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Code Geass... Best Anime Ever ?

pichu_pichu said:
better than Death note?
:O

lol you are my hero

Around the Network
Packie said:
Soriku said:
Packie said:
Soriku said:

The chess thing isn't a plot hole...the reason they showed him being good at chess is just showing off that he's smart. He's already a tactical genius and chess didn't have any other meaning. Soriku, with all due respect, you can't just throw me the "He's already a tactical genius" excuse and expect me to buy it. how and when did he become an oh-so tactical genius? okay you can argue that lelouch may have studied strategic warfare when he was young but did the show even bother explain to us why he is so smart. In Death-Note(which I consider good but overated btw), they showed and told us why Light was so smart, why he's able to constantly outsmart his foes. Now Im not saying Deathnote is flawless, it definetly has its flaws but I thought that Deathnote did a better job explaining Light's character than Code Geass did to lelouch.

You can't honestly think he could plow his way through security and whatnot by himself and not get killed. Sure he could use Geass but Geass won't stop surprise attacks. Plus it's not like Lelouch is this amazing tank of a warrior; he's not physically fit. There's no way he could've done anything like that.  Why not? He was able to conquer half of Asia, why is it so hard for him to get through airport security and then sneak in to the royal palace(heck, he and Suzaku took over the throne in season 2 without breaking a sweat)?! and I didn't mean that Lelouch has rush in like rambo. he could've easily geass-ed a group of Britannian military personnal to become his obediant slaves and help him with the assassination of the royal family and above all that, he can do it without getting directly involved.

At the time with Euphemia, he lost his power to turn his Geass off which is why that whole thing happened. Also obviously I don't remember every character said but I don't think he ever gave things like orders with his Zero mask off (Geass can't work with that on). correct, it was already established that the geass cannot work while he was wearing the mask but, correct me if im wrong, I do remember in several occasions, especially in season 2, that he was able to talk to people with the geass on and nothing happened to the people he was talking to.

As for Mao the soldiers were given an order to shoot and not kill. He ended up surviving because of Britannia's advances in medicine. I dont remember this episode well so I cant argue with this point.

Well while they didn't really explain why Lelouch was a genius, there are some people out there who are naturally smart like that.

I still doubt he would be able to do everything by himself. All the stuff he did was backed. Also, you have to remember that Lelouch wouldn't be able to just kill the Emperor just like that. The Emperor has a Geass which can alter memories and steal Geass remember. Lelouch was able to kill Emperor by using the Geass on the Sword of Akasha after the emperor became immortal, but I doubt the emperor could go down that easily.

Being born smart and being a tactical genius in warfare are vastly different things.

you do bring up a good point but I definetly disagree that everything he did was backed, most of his plans succeeded because of a contrived plot device or a ridiculous Du ex machina.

It seems to me, my good sir, that you are mistaken "plot holes" -

-with "character development".

" Herp derp why didn't Goku go super saiyan right from the get-go"

"Herp derp why didn't Simon use spiral power in episode 1"

"Herp derp why didn't Charmander turn into Charizard right away"

or

"herp derp why didn't Light just  kill L in the first episode"

Lelouch wasn't even aware of the full potential until later into the series. He also didn't understand what geass truely was until the end of the series.

The reason the plot works so well, and why it is loved so much is because the entire plot was planned out before the first episode was aired. And while this is true for alot of mangas translated into anime. This was not the case for this particular series.

You've said it yourself that you don't understand the plot nor do you remember the episodes clearly. While this doesn't remove your entitlement to your own opinion,  it does create the impression that you're somehow making excuses as to why this series should not be dubbed "the greatest series of all time".

As to your regard to "deus ex machina", I really don't think you know the meaning of that phrase. It's derived from literally "saved from the gods". Only once in the entire series does anything remotely close to "deus ex machina" ever occur. This would be episode 7 attack cornelia, In which C.C. dresses up as zero to distract Cornelias forces long enough for lelouch to escape.  Of course, this was all foreshadowed at the beginning of the episode.

The same episode can disprove your theory on lelouch being some sort of "super genius" as you put it. In the episode, he lets his pride get ahead of him, and falls for cornelias provocation. He IS human, he has the same flaws as anyone else. He just tries really hard not to let it show.

I'm sorry for the long post on a pretty old topic, but I can't stand this excuse for not liking the show. It's like admitting you're too dumb to understand what a story is.

Idiot:"WOW, I can't stand cowboy bebop! It's like the entire thing was made up to be a good story!"

Me:"/facepalm, it was."

Once again, sorry for the long, and kind-of insulting post!

I like to see Lelouch as a combination of (ESPECIALLY) Hannibal Barca and Napoleon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Barca

First 40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_oso_J6dE

Hamiclar: Put your hands in the blood.

I swear.

Hannibal: I swear

Hamiclar: That for as long as I live.

Hannibal: That for as long as I live.

Hamiclar: I will be an enemy of Rome.

Hannibal: I will be an enemy of Rome.

Not at my home PC right now, so I can't get a screen shot, but in the episode where Lelouch and the Chinese guy fight, there was a similar tactic to the Battle of Cannae.

Akvod said:

I like to see Lelouch as a combination of (ESPECIALLY) Hannibal Barca and Napoleon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Barca

First 40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_oso_J6dE

Hamiclar: Put your hands in the blood.

I swear.

Hannibal: I swear

Hamiclar: That for as long as I live.

Hannibal: That for as long as I live.

Hamiclar: I will be an enemy of Rome.

Hannibal: I will be an enemy of Rome.

Not at my home PC right now, so I can't get a screen shot, but in the episode where Lelouch and the Chinese guy fight, there was a similar tactic to the Battle of Cannae.

All we need now is to find out that hannibal was actually the son of whatever roman leader it was at the time... and that they actually used robots, etc.