By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Code Geass... Best Anime Ever ?

Yeah the ending was amazing, it is the best imo.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

havent seen Code Geass.  My favorite anime is Haibane Renmei.

ALthough Kinos journey comes close too.

outlawauron said:
outlawauron said:
I disagree a lot.

I mean, it's ok. I'm not sure if I give that title.

And to earlier posters, Yu Yu Hakasho sucks

I'd like to take this time to revive the thread and correct myself. I was so wrong.

So, so wrong.

Haha, so you changed your opinion on the game since then eh'?

What did it?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
outlawauron said:
outlawauron said:
I disagree a lot.

I'd like to take this time to revive the thread and correct myself. I was so wrong.

So, so wrong.

What did it?

It's quite a long post, but it's my favorite show of all time now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
outlawauron said:
outlawauron said:
I disagree a lot.

So, so wrong.

What did it?

It's quite a long post, but it's my favorite show of all time now.

Alrighty, glad we think exactly the same thing on it now though, its is extremely epic.

Tell me via voice chat next time we play wkc. :P

Around the Network
Machina said:
Soriku said:
Machina said:
Soriku said:
Machina said:
I watched the first 11 epsiodes or so before I got bored and stopped watching. So err, I hope it isn't, because if that's the best on offer then anime really isn't for me :/

I thought the anime picked up by ep 7 or 8 but it doesn't get super awesome until laterish. The next couple eps from ep 11 on is where it starts to get really good and it doesn't let up throughout the rest of the first season and then R2. You should continue if you can. I don't think CG is the best anime ever though. What are you looking for?

Ideally? Sci-fi, set in space, which doesn't involve robots hitting eachother would be nice. The anime version of Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica etc, if there is such a thing.

Try out Ghost in the Shell or Cowboy Bebop.

Edit: Humorous? Try Gintama. Funniest anime ever IMo and awesome battle scenes and somewhat sci-fi. Gintama you can only watch subbed though.

Naz and Tor have been bugging me to watch Cowboy Bebop for ages, so maybe I'll finally get around to it.

@Edit - I prefer subtitles anyway.

WATCH OUTLAW STAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Updated 4-18-10:

My anime grades:

Not Main Stream:
Air Gear - B-
Area 88 - A+
Noir - B+
Elfen Lied - A+
Burst Angel - C+
Girls Bravo - B
Diamond Dust Drops - C+
Gungrave - A+
Gunslinger Girl - B+
GunXSword - A
PowerPuff Girls Z - B+
Zeta Gundam - A-
Gundam V - C
Slayers - A
B*stard - A+
Burst Angel OVA - B-
Innocent Venus - A+
Cyborg 009 - C+
Cyborg 0091 - C-
Detective Conan - C
Love Hina - A
Hellsing - A+
Berserk - C+
Speed Grapher - A
Gundam 00 - A
Xam'd: Lost Memory - B+
Beck - A
K-On - B-

Main Stress I actually like:
DragonBall Series - C
S-Cry-d - B
Yu Yu Hakusho - A+ (Must be Japanese version for A+, otherwise B-)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - B (last episode included)
Speed Racer - A+
Prince of Tennis - B+
Cowboy Bebop - A-
Outlaw Star - C
Trigun - A
FLCL - B+
Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin - A
Cowboy Bebop - A-
Fullmetal Alchemist - B-
Eureka 7 - B
Samurai Champloo - B+
Naruto - A-
DeathNote - A-
Zoids - A+
Zoids Chaotic Century - B+
Zoids (3D one) - C-
Pokemon Seasons 1 - 3 - A
Pokemon Seasons 4+ - D
Digimon - B-
Paranoia Agent - A-
Code Geass - B

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I might make some really big enemies in my first post on this website.

It all depends on what you consider a great anime.  Code Geass had that rare ability to bring me to the point where I needed to see the next episode.  I didn't want to put it down or take a break.  It's very hard for me to find an ending I like.  We can all think of a few epic failures to show endings (i.e. Evangelion, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, etc...), but Code Geass' ending was as close to perfect as I've ever seen.  So in my opinion Code Geass wins the best anime in my book.

Cowboy Bebop fans, I'm sorry.  That show = epic failure.  It was an awesome idea.  The show was just plain cool, but outside of that it has nothing.  I own the whole series on DVD and have seen it twice after watching it with other friends.  I can say that there are probably about 8 episodes that actually pertain or even hint at the plot, and each episode is almost a stand-alone episode.  The only ones that weren't stand-alone were the last two or three, if that.  Cowboy Bebop by far had the most potential but was awfully done in terms of plot.

A comparable one to Cowboy Bebop was Burst Angel, and i felt like wringing the makers of that anime by their necks after they butchered a show with such great graphics by using such a pitiful plotline.

Cowboy bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Deathnote have my vote, with Trigun trailing behind a bit (good story, great characters, less than stellar writing) but I am going to watch Code Geass now, like right now. I had been on the fence for a while, but this topic has pushed me over.

To Jomiba, totally entitled to your opinion, even if it's the wrong opinion ;) But Cowboy Bebop is such a fantastic anime because it is a master of subtlety. It does have high style, and great music going for it, but alot of animes have that. The reason it gets such accolades though is that it avoids what so many other animes jump into, such as lengthy awkward and unnecessary exposition, and beating you over the head with over the top emotions and sentimentality.

When spike goes to see the woman at the bar before confronting Vicious in episode 5 or 6 (can't remember), he looks at a picture of himself, the woman and another man sitting on her bar. Most animes would have a ten minute flash back and a long diatribe explaining his history with them, what happened the the husband, and some emotional scenes of spike feeling terrible and trying not to cry. But Cowboy bebop gives you the sense of what you need to know about their relationship and their past with just a glance at the picture and a few sentences exchanged in about a minute. The characters have twice the depth and development as most anime characters with half the script. It shows and lets you feel and experience rather than beat you over the head in a Kojima-esque way, and actually requires participation from the viewer rather than just passive absorption. That is the brilliance of Cowboy Bebop. Damn, maybe I just want to go watch that again....

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It's certainly near that. If I wasn't such a sap, I'd probably consider it to be the best of all time, but a few shows like Toradora! manage to beat it out. >=)

It is the most exhilarating experience I've ever had watching a show before, however.  The excellent cast, the gripping plot, the ability for LeLouch to seemingly overcome any odds through sheer intellect, and the subtleties underlying every event throughout the show make it the most memorable tale I have ever been told, one that still has me pondering its various intricacies to this day.

LeLouch is alive!  Believe!