By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Code Geass... Best Anime Ever ?

Yup, I agree, best anime ever. Nothing can top the almighty Code Geass. No other anime has grabbed me like Code Geass did

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Wolf's Rain > Xam'd > Geass

People like Wolf's Rain?  Didn't know that.

Or is that just showing how much contempt you have for Geass.

I love Wolf's Rain. My puppy I just purchased (6 weeks old so I cant take him from the breeder till he gets all his shots) is named Kiba =D

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Yes, CG is a great anime. Don't know about best anime ever though.

I don't like Xam'd.

Will check out Wolf's Rain eventually.

Watching Hitman Reborn now.

Which reminds me... I was bored so  i watched some of those Soul Eater episodes.

I'm not sure if i like the show or not yet... but they get credit for refrencing Twin Peaks.

Which you probably don't know what that is being like 14 or something but still... all the refrences in that show are interesting.

What episode did you get up to? The anime balances pretty silly and serious at first (it's also the funniest anime I've seen :3) but gets very serious later with not a whole lot of funny, if that's what you want.

Twin Peaks?

The one where the whole place gets sealed off.

As for twin peaks.... the scenes they use as a homage... well this should explain it.

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Yes, CG is a great anime. Don't know about best anime ever though.

I don't like Xam'd.

Will check out Wolf's Rain eventually.

Watching Hitman Reborn now.

Which reminds me... I was bored so  i watched some of those Soul Eater episodes.

I'm not sure if i like the show or not yet... but they get credit for refrencing Twin Peaks.

Which you probably don't know what that is being like 14 or something but still... all the refrences in that show are interesting.

What episode did you get up to? The anime balances pretty silly and serious at first (it's also the funniest anime I've seen :3) but gets very serious later with not a whole lot of funny, if that's what you want.

Twin Peaks?

I like both the serious and the silly parts.   It's just sometimes the "fan service" humor.  That kind of stuff always brings down an anime in my eyes honestly.

That and Black Star gets on my nerves.  But he may actually just be a parody character.

Soriku said:
There's a lot of non fan service humor as well.

Black Star I thought wasn't that cool at first but he's been awesome for a while.

You didn't answer what ep you got up to... :3

It's like 18 or something... they're at the dance and such and then "stuff happens."

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
There's a lot of non fan service humor as well.

Black Star I thought wasn't that cool at first but he's been awesome for a while.

You didn't answer what ep you got up to... :3

It's like 18 or something... they're at the dance and such and then "stuff happens."

In the later episodes he gets better...

Former something....

i just started reading manga, i saw the first 5 episodes of the anime, looked really good, its not out here in the UK yet on TV or DVD, but the manga is, so i read the first one

My anime grades:

Not Main Stream:
Air Gear - B-
Area 88 - A+
Noir - B+
Elfen Lied - A+
Burst Angel - C+
Girls Bravo - B
Diamond Dust Drops - C+
Gungrave - A+
GunXSword - A
PowerPuff Girls Z - B+
Zeta Gundam - A-
Gundam V - C
Slayers - A
B*stard - A+
Burst Angel OVA - B-
Innocent Venus - A+
Cyborg 009 - C+
Cyborg 0091 - C-
Detective Conan - C
Love Hina - A
Hellsing - A+
Berserk - C+
Speed Grapher - A
Gundam 00 - A
Xam'd: Lost Memory - B+
Beck - A
K-On - B-

Main Stress I actually like:
DragonBall Series - C
S-Cry-d - B
Yu Yu Hakusho - A+ (Must be Japanese version for A+, otherwise B-)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - B (last episode included)
Speed Racer - A+
Prince of Tennis - B+
Cowboy Bebop - A-
Outlaw Star - C
Trigun - A
FLCL - B+
Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin - A
Cowboy Bebop - A-
Fullmetal Alchemist - B-
Eureka 7 - B
Samurai Champloo - B+
Naruto - A-
DeathNote - A-
Zoids - A+
Zoids Chaotic Century - B+
Zoids (3D one) - C-
Pokemon Seasons 1 - 3 - A
Pokemon Seasons 4+ - D
Digimon - B-
Paranoia Agent - A-
Code Geass - B

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
@Sci

Why don't you just read the manga on www.onemanga.com and watch the anime subbed on YouTube or something?

thanks for the link, i didnt know about that site, youtube dosent allways have the episodes up, i find dubs easier to follow as well, but the VA can get annoying at times

What is you guyses opinions on ghost in the shell? It's my favorite anime. Both the movies and the 2 seasons.