By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone remeber when everyone said WII was a fad

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Yay! Everyone is bickering about stupid opinions of even stupider people! *thumbs up* Honestly guys games have been mainstream since the PS1 era, people who never touched a game console bought the PS1, it wasn't a fad and now those people call themselves core gamers, MANY of those same people are the ones saying how they hate the Wii and the new crowd of gamers when they themselves were once seen as stupid "casual" gamers by old school gamers who were pissed off that these new people supported a console with inferior graphics (sounds familiar *cough* Wii) and stole half their features from other companies (Go Sony for being unoriginal) and that these new gamers knew nothing of the nearly impossible to beat games of the NES, SNES, and Genesis days.

So in short, if you support PS3 or 360 and came into gaming the last two console generations, yet you get mad that Wii is beating your console cause of "casual gamers", you my friend are a hypocrite and should shut it, your opinions are flawed and wrong and you do nothing but piss people off. Honestly stop.

/end

great post matey, i wholeheartedly agree.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network
Smeags said:
I always enjoy threads like these, it tends to show the different poster's true colors.

Anywho...

Here's dictionary.com's definition of fad: *ahem*

"a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., esp. one followed enthusiastically by a group."

For some of you out there, take this as a chance to learn something new.

It doesn’t mater what you tell people, some will never believe anything even if they see it in front of them!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

To answer the titular question, yes I remember last August. It was hot, I was broke, and Metroid was taking over my life.

Good times, good times.

Soriku said:
Jo21 said:
for me it gained the status of fad
when games like wii fit appear.
and it was more evident when crap like wii sports resort, wii music appear.

Wait, wait, wait...

Saying 3 games (of all the other games, you choose 3 casual games yet forget all about the core games? I see how you guys try to pull an argument.) that you don't like on the Wii *SOMEHOW* means that the Wii is a fad?

I think you need to pull out a dictionary.

because i played zelda and brawl already, and it wasn't a fad before it.

a fad/gimmick whatever you call it, its because instead of good games like zelda galaxy, they release those casual that use some kind of special accesories, like the balance board, motionplus.

that where  it gain that status for me.

Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Jo21 said:

Wait, wait, wait...

Saying 3 games (of all the other games, you choose 3 casual games yet forget all about the core games? I see how you guys try to pull an argument.) that you don't like on the Wii *SOMEHOW* means that the Wii is a fad?

a fad/gimmick whatever you call it, its because instead of good games like zelda galaxy, they release those casual that use some kind of special accesories, like the balance board, motionplus.

that where  it gain that status for me.

Then you're understanding of the word fad is incorrect and you're simply pasting false context onto your disinterest of casual games.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Jo21 said:

Wait, wait, wait...

that where it gain that status for me.

Oh so only the evil casual games with crappy accesories are released on the Wii? Wow

Even "casual" stuff cannot be called a fad because Wii Fit is now out for few good months and it still sells well (and it will untill they will produce it) and it's used everyday by thousands of people. I think you should work on your definition of this overused word.

the Wii is a fad. just a longer fad then expected, i am still expecting the Wii sales to plumit to the ground

just wait and see

obieslut said:
the Wii is a fad. just a longer fad then expected, i am still expecting the Wii sales to plumit to the ground

just wait and see

Sorry but you making your assumption based on What? There is no real indication that Wii would simply stop selling one day.

Lolcislaw said:
obieslut said:

just wait and see

Sorry but you making your assumption based on What? There is no real indication that Wii would simply stop selling one day.

like i said you will see. i think the Wii saturation point is going to be a lot lower then what people think

Nvm

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies