By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone remeber when everyone said WII was a fad

trestres it's the responses that make her sound worse, just how she has fun on the net, read her post history it's not all bad.

But whatever - time always tells.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
obieslut said:
the Wii is a fad. just a longer fad then expected, i am still expecting the Wii sales to plumit to the ground

just wait and see

Do you intentionally instigate or what?  Seem like you thrive off the frustrations of Wii owners debating against you.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
obieslut said:
the Wii is a fad. just a longer fad then expected, i am still expecting the Wii sales to plumit to the ground

just wait and see

Do you intentionally instigate or what?  Seem like you thrive off the frustrations of Wii owners debating against you.

He feeds on frustration of others..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I don't know how long this console will sell.. I will buy one though soon enough... yup soon enough...

Viper1 said:
obieslut said:

just wait and see

obieslut is just caught between denial and anger, he isn't quite ready to accept that the majority of consumers really do favour the Wii and lashes out when he is forced to face that reality.

The unfortunate thing is that obieslut will make comments like that without ever considering that the exact same definition of fad that he is using in a negative way against the Wii is a perfect fit for the performance of the PS2, Playstation, SNES, NES, Atari, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy; and his prediction that the "Wii sales will plumit to the ground" is a truism like "obieslut will eventually die" ...

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
AnarchyWest said:
reask said:
I still think it's a fad.
Even if it sells 10 million a week there is no games on it I want to play.

Look, fellas, this is all well and good. I mean that: I strongly encourage people to express their tastes on this forum. Perhaps particularly people who prefer the 360 or PS3; there are less of them, and we need more.

But the word "fad" is not a piece of playdough. It cannot mean whatever you want it to mean. The word "fad" has become -- not just in these above quoted posts but in many places on gaming forums -- just a general pejorative with a vague meaning along the lines of "I don't like it and the things I like will surge back to prominence."

That isn't what the word fad means. It has an actual, specific meaning. The fact that you don't personally like it (which again, is totally fine) does not make something a fad. If the Wii were selling 10 million consoles a week for an extended period of time, that would by definition not make the Wii a fad, whether it had 0 games you wanted to play or 1000.

I'm quoting this because somehow, after Bod posted this, 10 more people ran into the thread screaming "FAD!11" clearly displaying that they don't actually know what that word means.

I wish ignorance was a fad.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
Jo21 said:
for me it gained the status of fad
when games like wii fit appear.
and it was more evident when crap like wii sports resort, wii music appear.

Wait, wait, wait...

Saying 3 games (of all the other games, you choose 3 casual games yet forget all about the core games? I see how you guys try to pull an argument.) that you don't like on the Wii *SOMEHOW* means that the Wii is a fad?

I think you need to pull out a dictionary.

I won't call it a fad though..

But It's actually sad to think... It's innovating yes.. but gives only a momentary fun part but still sells like hotcakes at breakfast hours. I beg to differ....

Some of the core games appeal to me but It's still few than what I want.

wow you guys are really fun, 5 pages of of same shit over and over, 10 posts of wii fanboys coming up with facts on why wii is not a fad against against 1 post that just says "yeah but its a fad you will see", it is obvious some these fanboys just want to piss of wii fanboys, and you guys fell for for it.

so just calm down everyone and let this thread die.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fads_and_trends

again its not because it casual, or the accesories like wii fit... that doesn't replace real exercise people buy it because it cool.
even in doing actual exercise works better.
as in...
"consumers make buying decisions solely based on price and their own personal preference. "

read the article wii, ipod, iphone, fits perfectly there.

Jo21 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fads_and_trends

again its not because it casual, or the accesories like wii fit... that doesn't replace real exercise people buy it because it cool.
even in doing actual exercise works better.
as in...
"consumers make buying decisions solely based on price and their own personal preference. "

read the article wii, ipod, iphone, fits perfectly there.

i didn't really wanted to partcipate in this thread at all but here it goes.

you do know that ps1/ps2 were the cool things to buy at one time and ps2 still sort of is, and ipod is a fad now? a device which help make dowloadable mp3's bussiness for so many companies.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434