By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero 4 Confirmed playlist (Audio of full songs included)

This is my favorite song list from any GH or RB ever, and it's not even half-done yet.

Hell yes.

Around the Network

Those are good guitar songs for the most part, but the drum parts on a lot of those are lacking, and the vocals should be interesting.

I just want to reinterate that unless it is posted in the first post then it is not official. If you have songs you think are confirmed please provide a link in your post and I'll add them if they are legit.

Added (From IGN Demo video): Shiver- Coldplay

The way i'll choose between RB2 and GH:WT is easy.

Which ever gets Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight WINS.

This list is really good, but so far I think RB2 is better.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Whichever way the songlists for either game turns out, I'm still leaning towards GHWT, and it's because it's by Neversoft that plays a big part in that.

Alot of people have disagreed with me on this one but GH3's timing window and notetracks were SOOOOO much better than 2's. Yet Harmonix decided to stick with the GH2 system for Rock Band meaning bad timing windows, and hammer ons / pull offs which just don't work.

GH3 played so much better than 2 or Rock Band, if RB2 sticks with the same system that's an instant turn off for me.

Around the Network

Wow, good list. Ozzy, Van Halen, Metallica, Paramore, Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Idol...

No red hot chili peppers :( fail

MrMarc said:
Whichever way the songlists for either game turns out, I'm still leaning towards GHWT, and it's because it's by Neversoft that plays a big part in that.

Alot of people have disagreed with me on this one but GH3's timing window and notetracks were SOOOOO much better than 2's. Yet Harmonix decided to stick with the GH2 system for Rock Band meaning bad timing windows, and hammer ons / pull offs which just don't work.

GH3 played so much better than 2 or Rock Band, if RB2 sticks with the same system that's an instant turn off for me.

One could also argue that easier targeting windows =/= better.  I prefer Rock Band for the exact same reason you're going GH.  In a full band it's better IMO to have the tight windows because it keeps everyone in beat.  The charts are more accurate to the song which is also more important to me.  I'm not playing a music game to be a tourney player but to have fun (pretending to) playing music that I like.  GH seems to throw in a lot of notes that aren't supposed to be there.  Hard is actually more faithful to the song than Expert in GH3.   I'll probably still buy both but with better timing, better songs (I' know the 84 song setlist for WT, not the fake one. Quote me on those Tool songs), and a huge libary compared to GH I prefer RB all around.  Gimped user content doesn't intrigue me as much as the superior song library RB seems to have.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
tallgnome said:

They aren't that great of a band. 90's rock? meh.

Snesboy said:
tallgnome said:

They aren't that great of a band

Excuse you????

R u serious?????