By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 new Metroid Prime 3 Screens- Hot.

javierdacosta said:

I've played excellent games with both single player and multiplayer and yes Halo is one of them, GRAW and R6:6, etc. I would love to see MP3 with a multiplayer, you can have both excellent single player and excellent multiplayer all in one.
By the way I'm not impressed with the screens, I'm pretty sur the game will look better than this. (I really hope so)

And on the adventure part, FF has multiplayer saints row splinter cell

I'd care what you said, and maybe even believe you a little bit, if your entire posting history wasn't anti-nintendo trolling.  Posting history is a great feature, it lets me ignore people like you.

Around the Network

People, I think we need to lighten up on this conversation.

How about some speculation about what WILL be in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption? It's going to be a great game...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

How about some speculation about what WILL be in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption? It's going to be a great game...

It will be my first Metroid Prime as I skipped the Gamecube.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

naznatips said:
Crono said:
ZZetaAlec said:
Crono said:
You keep saying that naznatips, but you know what. Its game where you go around and shoot things, with a gun, from a first person perspective.

Guess what we call that?

It was a no brainer to have multiplayer in this game. Just because it sucked in prime 2 doesn't mean it has to suck again. Just because they add multiplayer, doesn't mean the single player experience will be any different.

Stop being such an eliteist. Some people who like metroid and have played them since the original in the 80 would like to see the series grow a little since 2002, instead of being the same game with more levels.

Let me guess, at the beginning of prime 3, Samus will have all her cool equipment, and the SOMETHING will happen, and she loses it all and has to find it again. This was cool in Prime 1, it was stale in Prime 2, and if it happens in prime 3, they need to hire new plot writers.

This game could have really benefited from a good multiplayer mode. Benefited the way Halo benefited.

Missed opportunities, story of nintendo's life.

Regardless of whether or not you have actually played the games (something i highly doubt, but you never know) i'm not going to respond to the majority of your post as its mindless twaddle and i'm sure naznatips or some other person will respond with a very well executed post that would be better than what i could post but i would just like to clarify: Samus will NOT loose all her guns and powers at the start, as stated by Retro...there you go.

Not only have beat them all (but Metroid 2), I speedrun super metroid. If anyone can appreciate metroid, its me. But believe me, this would be a better game if in addition to its awesome single player game, it had a killer multiplayer game. Saying "i'm glad it doesn't" because you're afraid it will suck or lower the games score is the antithesis of a fan. True fans realize the games must continue moving forward to be relevant, not stay in the past (2002). Metroid games haven't appreciably changed in 7 years.

I'm still very much looking forward to the single player experience: I just take offense to people telling me I'm stupid for being disappointed there is not multiplayer aspect.

I'm not telling you your stupid for being disappointed. Andir name one adventure game with good multiplayer. You people can believe what you want, but you simply know nothing about the games. The only type of multiplayer that could POSSIBLY work is co-op, and even that is overkill. It's not the same as being disappointed because of Halo not having multiplayer. THIS ISN'T HALO. It's not a Halo competitor, it's not even the same GENRE. For the love of god people know what you are dealing with. This game is closer to Zelda than Halo. Much closer. You wanna link me to the next Bioshock having multiplayer ckmlb? You people are attacking a game based on a feature it should never have had in the first place. OMG Halo and Metal Gear Solid suck cause the don't have Mini-games! I like mini-games and even though they have nothing to do with Halo and Metal Gear and do not fit in the play style it should have them! Do you see how sutpid an argument this is yet? You are talking about adding a feature that has nothing to do with the game's play style. Some online features would be nice like maybe scoreboards, achievement sytle things, downloadable weapons and armor, but the actual gameplay is not meant for online multiplayer.

Now please, move on to the next game you haven't played to bitch about like it's the end of the world and the doom of Nintendo and how much they suck at making games. I'm tired of listening to this crap from people who really just don't understand what they are talking about (Crono thought Hunters was successful and well recieved rofl).

Since you people need more examples: Uncharted sucks cause it's not multiplayer, Tomb Raider sucks cause it doesn't have multiplayer, Lair sucks cause it doesn't have multiplayer (actually, this one really does suck lol, it should have had multiplayer).

Excellent flaming, heavily implied opinions, and superiority complex!

I just hope I get to kill mother brain again :)

oh and of course Ridley,

I´d also get some kicks out of it if they brought the screw attach from super metroid back.

(don´t blame me, I didn´t name it)

Around the Network
Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:

I'm not telling you your stupid for being disappointed. Andir name one adventure game with good multiplayer. You people can believe what you want, but you simply know nothing about the games. The only type of multiplayer that could POSSIBLY work is co-op, and even that is overkill. It's not the same as being disappointed because of Halo not having multiplayer. THIS ISN'T HALO. It's not a Halo competitor, it's not even the same GENRE. For the love of god people know what you are dealing with. This game is closer to Zelda than Halo. Much closer. You wanna link me to the next Bioshock having multiplayer ckmlb? You people are attacking a game based on a feature it should never have had in the first place. OMG Halo and Metal Gear Solid suck cause the don't have Mini-games! I like mini-games and even though they have nothing to do with Halo and Metal Gear and do not fit in the play style it should have them! Do you see how sutpid an argument this is yet? You are talking about adding a feature that has nothing to do with the game's play style. Some online features would be nice like maybe scoreboards, achievement sytle things, downloadable weapons and armor, but the actual gameplay is not meant for online multiplayer.

Now please, move on to the next game you haven't played to bitch about like it's the end of the world and the doom of Nintendo and how much they suck at making games. I'm tired of listening to this crap from people who really just don't understand what they are talking about (Crono thought Hunters was successful and well recieved rofl).

Since you people need more examples: Uncharted sucks cause it's not multiplayer, Tomb Raider sucks cause it doesn't have multiplayer, Lair sucks cause it doesn't have multiplayer (actually, this one really does suck lol, it should have had multiplayer).

So, rather than contribute to the discussion, you would prefer to attack the post itself and the poster individually?  Thank you for being an intelligent and reasonable debater.  What will you do next?  Call me a poopy head and tell on me?  If you have nothing to say, why post?

ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

It will be my first Metroid Prime as I skipped the Gamecube.

Why no buy GC?

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

naznatips said:
Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:

So, rather than contribute to the discussion, you would prefer to attack the post itself and the poster individually? Thank you for being an intelligent and reasonable debater. What will you do next? Call me a poopy head and tell on me? If you have nothing to say, why post?

Is it not reasonable for you to flame people because they think differently from you? You're not anymore reasonable than I am. Read your own posts. Oh, and by the way:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920760.asp

85% ranking is an unsuccessful game? Try and do a little bit of research before bashing a game and mocking someone else. People aren't "bitching" about games. They're not rabidly complaining about the lack of multiplayer. All they're doing is expressing their disappointment over the lack of it, and you choose to attack them because of it. The only person I see here that's bitching is you because people don't agree with your views.

Oh, here's a good contradiction. You say that multiplayer does not fit with the adventure genre and that it should not be included in them, and then go on to say the same about mini-games and how they SHOULD be in an FPS like Halo or Metal Gear. Clearly you're angry over people disagreeing with your opinion. You can't say that they know "nothing" about the games because they disagree with your views.

Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:
Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:

So, rather than contribute to the discussion, you would prefer to attack the post itself and the poster individually? Thank you for being an intelligent and reasonable debater. What will you do next? Call me a poopy head and tell on me? If you have nothing to say, why post?

Is it not reasonable for you to flame people because they think differently from you? You're not anymore reasonable than I am. Read your own posts. Oh, and by the way:

85% ranking is an unsuccessful game? Try and do a little bit of research before bashing a game and mocking someone else. People aren't "bitching" about games. They're not rabidly complaining about the lack of multiplayer. All they're doing is expressing their disappointment over the lack of it, and you choose to attack them because of it. The only person I see here that's bitching is you because people don't agree with your views.

Oh, here's a good contradiction. You say that multiplayer does not fit with the adventure genre and that it should not be included in them, and then go on to say the same about mini-games and how they SHOULD be in an FPS like Halo or Metal Gear. Clearly you're angry over people disagreeing with your opinion. You can't say that they know "nothing" about the games because they disagree with your views.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that anyone pointing out a flawed argument is automatically flaming.  I never insulted any of you, I said the argument itself is stupid, and people were attacking a game they knew nothing about.  Metroid Prime Hunters is a failure because on a system with twice the user base it sold half as much http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1341 vs http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1340.  I said there is no problem in expressing disappointment, what I do have a problem with is attacking the game and telling OTHER people what it should have had, even when you haven't played the game.

You are free to complain, but how about you show some knowledge of the game.  No, I don't think Metal Gear should have minigames, nor Halo, but my point is that Minigames don't fit in with the genre.  I'm giving a reasonable comparison.  You are talking about adding in multiplayer to a genre that doesn't support it well.  I used sarcasm in relation to minigames in MGS and Halo as an example of the way your suggestion appears from my angle.  I supported my opinion with an example of adding minigames to a genre that doesn't support them.  Any other problems with my points.

naznatips said:
Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:
Cursayer2 said:
naznatips said:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that anyone pointing out a flawed argument is automatically flaming. I never insulted any of you, I said the argument itself is stupid, and people were attacking a game they knew nothing about. Metroid Prime Hunters is a failure because on a system with twice the user base it sold half as much http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1341 vs http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1340. I said there is no problem in expressing disappointment, what I do have a problem with is attacking the game and telling OTHER people what it should have had, even when you haven't played the game.

You are free to complain, but how about you show some knowledge of the game. No, I don't think Metal Gear should have minigames, nor Halo, but my point is that Minigames don't fit in with the genre. I'm giving a reasonable comparison. You are talking about adding in multiplayer to a genre that doesn't support it well. I used sarcasm in relation to minigames in MGS and Halo as an example of the way your suggestion appears from my angle. I supported my opinion with an example of adding minigames to a genre that doesn't support them. Any other problems with my points.

How is anyone arguing about how Metroid should have multiplayer a flawed argument? It worked well with Metroid Prime: Hunters, and with the Wii's capabilities, it could be better (Please take note of the word "could" here before you start attacking me). Metroid may be classified under the "adventure" genre, but it's still more similar to Halo than Zelda, because both have similar gameplay elements. Both are in a first-person perspective, utilize guns, and take place in a sci-fi era.