By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 new Metroid Prime 3 Screens- Hot.

Wonder if non Nintendo gamers want multiplayer for Corruption so they can say, "Hah, told you Nintendo couldn't do multiplayer, you sucks." I wish it had multiplayer but maybe this Nintendo not wanting to fight competitions fight. Just thought, probably not much truth to such paranoid ideas though.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The thing is most Metroid fans like the games because it's Samus all alone on a planet (or space station) without any help from other characters. Some didn't like Metroid Fusion because of the computer that provided information where to go next. Metroid is about exploring a planet on your own without help from others.

Co-op is a good thing but it doesn't work in every kind of game. Metroid is one of them, survival horror games are another. The Obscure games have co-op, but playing them with a friend kills a lot of the atmosphere of a horror game.

No downloadable content in a game like Metroid please. First, I don't like the idea of additional content that is restricted to people who have a broadband connection. Second, extras like weapons or armor would affect the balance of the game and the only use of them would be to mess around, not to add more depth to the game. Third, things that are available as DLC should be in games when they are released.

Not to say that DLC generally is bad (some of it is pretty cool, but it should be for free), but nowadays most of the time it's used to cash in extra money for features that should have been in the game from the beginning.

There's only one Master Chief yet most people think online and co-op are loads of fun in Halo. The "alone in the galaxy" thing doesn't really pan out when you think about it.

I don't see why co-op wouldn't work in Metroid. They could make some cool puzzles that required two players to solve, making repeat play-throughs of a game a reality for more people. If they spent a bit of time on it, the feature could be great and Nintendo could really use a few more online offerings right now. Their aversion to online play is getting real old, real fast.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
RolStoppable said:

The thing is most Metroid fans like the games because it's Samus all alone on a planet (or space station) without any help from other characters. Some didn't like Metroid Fusion because of the computer that provided information where to go next. Metroid is about exploring a planet on your own without help from others.

Co-op is a good thing but it doesn't work in every kind of game. Metroid is one of them, survival horror games are another. The Obscure games have co-op, but playing them with a friend kills a lot of the atmosphere of a horror game.

No downloadable content in a game like Metroid please. First, I don't like the idea of additional content that is restricted to people who have a broadband connection. Second, extras like weapons or armor would affect the balance of the game and the only use of them would be to mess around, not to add more depth to the game. Third, things that are available as DLC should be in games when they are released.

Not to say that DLC generally is bad (some of it is pretty cool, but it should be for free), but nowadays most of the time it's used to cash in extra money for features that should have been in the game from the beginning.

There's only one Master Chief yet most people think online and co-op are loads of fun in Halo. The "alone in the galaxy" thing doesn't really pan out when you think about it.

I don't see why co-op wouldn't work in Metroid. They could make some cool puzzles that required two players to solve, making repeat play-throughs of a game a reality for more people. If they spent a bit of time on it, the feature could be great and Nintendo could really use a few more online offerings right now. Their aversion to online play is getting real old, real fast.

Rocketpig that sounds really cool i like the way you think. This would be a good way for Metroid to do online multiplay or co-op with the two player puzzle thing. Also they could just release a Samus Combat Evolved with multiplayer and co-op in mind and only that. 

rocketpig said:

I agree that the "There's only one Samus" thing can be worked around to provide co-op or whatever.  But if you've played the first two Primes, I think they're much too slowly-paced for co-op to be much fun.

ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
People, I think we need to lighten up on this conversation.

How about some speculation about what WILL be in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption? It's going to be a great game...

It will be my first Metroid Prime as I skipped the Gamecube.

You won't be disappointed.  The Metroid Primes are great games. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
naznatips said:

The situation is not that complicated. It's an adventure games, and adventure games are not designed for multiplayer. It's as simple as that.

Not even co-op? I don't know if that'd fit into Metroid, but I think adventure games are perfect for co-op.

I think there needs to be more online co-op games

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

the fundamental gameplay mechanics would need to be changed in order for multiplayer to work. If there was mp it might as well be a different game entirely (hunters anyone)

naznatips said:

I don't want it to look super-realistic, that's not the style. 

How would you know that another planet would look super-realistic? HOW would you know?

j/k anyway I kinda like how the game is looking, at least they are including effects that the GC couldn't do

I think people need to calm down here, some of us are getting too excited to defend MP3. Everyone entitled to opinion on what game should be or what they like it to be, I dont' think anyone is attacking MP3. Could we be a little less fanboyish though with our, "I don't want MP3 to have online multiplayer or realistic graphics!"

Does MP3 need super realism? No, but it would be a plus. Does it need Online Multiplayer? No, but it would be a plus. There are better ways of saying the game will be fine as is without making yourself look like a "Johny-Justification-after-the-fact" fanboy.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Ackmed Tepish said:
I think people need to calm down here, some of us are getting too excited to defend MP3. Everyone entitled to opinion on what game should be or what they like it to be, I dont' think anyone is attacking MP3. Could we be a little less fanboyish though with our, "I don't want MP3 to have online multiplayer or realistic graphics!"

Does MP3 need super realism? No, but it would be a plus. Does it need Online Multiplayer? No, but it would be a plus. There are better ways of saying the game will be fine as is without making yourself look like a "Johny-Justification-after-the-fact" fanboy.

sorry I disagree. Super-realism would not be a plus. I prefer a good art style to super-realism any day, and Metroid looks great. I wouldn't want it to be any more realistic.

As for online multiplayer, I agree with you there. I think it would have been a benifit and I think retro are stupid for not putting it in. Don't listen to your fans too much otherwise you alienate everyone else. (sorry MP fans, and yeah, I'm one of them. A great single player game plus a decent multi player game would do wonders for Metroid, and I would certainly play it a lot more (and it would sell a hell of a lot more copies) 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!