By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 new Metroid Prime 3 Screens- Hot.

But multiplayer work great on Metroid Prime Hunter.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Around the Network

This Multiplayer/non-Multiplayer discussion reminds me a lot of my work on Civilization 4 back in 2005. When I was working on the game prior to its release, there was a huge debate in the Civilization community about whether or not the game should have Multiplayer included. Some people argued that adding MP to the game could only be a benefit, while other "purists" vehemently declared that Civilization games were meant to be single-player only. These people felt that any time spent working on MP was time that was wasted and could have been better spent working on the single-player side of the game.

So who was correct? Well neither side, or perhaps more accurately both were correct. In the case of Civilization 4, the game was developed from the ground up with MP in mind - but in no way did that ever affect the single-player component of the game negatively. On the contrary, many of the strategies that were programmed into the AI came from watching how humans played against one another in MP. Although 95% of those who play Civilization 4 never touched MP, it still benefited from having it added into the game. Yet at the same time, Galactic Civ 2 (a space-based game very similar to Civilization) never spent any time implementing MP whatsoever, and produced an equally fantastic game. Therefore we ended up with two turn-based strategy games, coming out at about the same time, with entirely different attitudes towards MP... and both were great games! The moral of this story is that there's no one right way to make a really good title.

Obviously it would be better if Metroid were going to be released with a very good MP component. (I don't understand those who are HAPPY about there being no MP; that's like celebrating poor graphics. It doesn't make much sense.) At the same time, it's not the end of the world if there's no such element. The best thing to do, in this case, is to wait for the finished product before making a final evaluation. For those of you who skipped the original Metroid Prime, why not go play that instead of speculating about how great the next title in the series will be? The finished product will never be as great as your imagination makes it out to be...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Nice ckmlb!

This is Samus's eyes when you go to scan mode. I'm sure there will be many details like this in the game. Wow, the game looks better than I thought. Can't wait to see it in motion.

The screens are awesome by the way, ckmlb! I think the game is looking great.

Note: Still waiting for someone to say "I played Metroid Prime: Echoes Multiplayer, and it was great. I am disappointed it won't be in MP3!"

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

BTW, this is playmagazine (online) interview, if you haven't read it.

http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=1

Around the Network

The reason people don't want multi-player Sullla is there is simply no purpose to multiplayer in an adventure game. Did anyone even bring up multiplayer in Oblivion? Zelda? No, because it's a non issue. This isn't an FPS, it shouldn't have an FPS style multiplayer. What it should have is a great single player adventure experience. A great online multiplayer FPS is needed for the Wii, but that game should NOT be Metroid.

I want a "Geist 2" with online components on Wii, just made it don't "suck" like the first... THAT would be a Nintendo FPS with online battles...

About Metroid, screens looks great and I want to finish the precedents just before play this, I hope I just have time to it. Oh, lack of multiplayer don't hurt me, since I just played MPH online ONCE and never want it again.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

On a related side note-

Anyone else finding it humorous that those who sing the praises of graphics and multi-player functionality are getting peeved at the scaled back graphics due to the limits of "high-speed" internet? A prime example being Halo 3...

Those who adore HD graphics will soon have to realize that multi-player online functionality can not support those types of graphics due to the current limits of home user internet connectivity.

That is, until everyone and their mother has a T1 service line for the net.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

naznatips said:
The reason people don't want multi-player Sullla is there is simply no purpose to multiplayer in an adventure game. Did anyone even bring up multiplayer in Oblivion? Zelda? No, because it's a non issue. This isn't an FPS, it shouldn't have an FPS style multiplayer. What it should have is a great single player adventure experience. A great online multiplayer FPS is needed for the Wii, but that game should NOT be Metroid.

I think Nintendo itself is confused as to what Metroid Prime is supposed to be seeing as they had multiplayer in previous games. They want to sell more copies of the game. Expect the next MP to have multiplayer because this one they probably didn't have time to put in multiplayer and release it this year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
naznatips said:

I think Nintendo itself is confused as to what Metroid Prime is supposed to be seeing as they had multiplayer in previous games. They want to sell more copies of the game. Expect the next MP to have multiplayer because this one they probably didn't have time to put in multiplayer and release it this year.

Metroid Prime Hunters, the only metroid with online multiplayer, was not developed by Retro Studios (if it had been it wouldn't have had online multiplayer and it also wouldn't have sucked). No one in Nintendo is confused about what this game is. They have repeatedly pointed out that this game is not an FPS, it's an FPA. The people who are confused are the gamers. They of course wouldn't be confused if the popular press would stop refering to it as an FPS.

There won't be a next Metroid Prime. Metroid Prime 3 is the final of the Metroid Prime trilogy. They didn't put in multiplayer because it shouldn't have multiplayer. Just as Bioshock shouldn't have multiplayer, Zelda shouldn't have multiplayer, Oblivion shouldn't have multiplayer, etc. What I don't understand is how people can praise Bioshock then come straight to here and criticize this game for no multiplayer. The situation is not that complicated. It's an adventure games, and adventure games are not designed for multiplayer. It's as simple as that.