By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 new Metroid Prime 3 Screens- Hot.

naznatips said:
iclim4 said:

No, you don't understand.  It's hard to get you to understand when you haven't played it.  I never thought you were trying to put down the game, I just understand that you really have no clue what kind of game you are trying to force a multiplayer into.  The place I highlighted is where you go wrong.  That's where your entire argument goes way off in the distance.  Metroid Prime 3 is NOT AN FPS.  Metroid is a First Person Adventure.  Yes, the primary form of combat is guns, but it's an adventure game not a shooting game.  Metroid is no more an FPS than Resident Evil 4 is just a 3rd person shooter.  You don't understand the game, so you are really arguing that a game you don't know much about should have a feature that isn't good for it's style of play.

As far as better options:  Red Steel 2 should have online multiplayer.  No, Red Steel wasn't good, but it was a rushed release title.  A from the ground up shooter for the Wii built with time and money with good controls is what the Wii needs for online play.  METROID IS NOT THAT GAME.  I really am tired of trying to explain this to someone who hasn't played the games before, because they don't understand.

Shams, I turned on MP2's multiplayer once and never touched it again.  I have beaten the single player 3 times 100% completion though.

well said... im gonna take your word that multiplayer is not for this game

but why do people treat it like an fps title?. ive read it so many times on how the wiimote will be compared to a mouse and keyboard.. Resident evil was never treated like that was it?

edit: i just noticed how i used the term "FPS" sooo many times yet you were the only one who pointed it out..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
naznatips said:
iclim4 said:

No, you don't understand. It's hard to get you to understand when you haven't played it. I never thought you were trying to put down the game, I just understand that you really have no clue what kind of game you are trying to force a multiplayer into. The place I highlighted is where you go wrong. That's where your entire argument goes way off in the distance. Metroid Prime 3 is NOT AN FPS. Metroid is a First Person Adventure. Yes, the primary form of combat is guns, but it's an adventure game not a shooting game. Metroid is no more an FPS than Resident Evil 4 is just a 3rd person shooter. You don't understand the game, so you are really arguing that a game you don't know much about should have a feature that isn't good for it's style of play.

As far as better options: Red Steel 2 should have online multiplayer. No, Red Steel wasn't good, but it was a rushed release title. A from the ground up shooter for the Wii built with time and money with good controls is what the Wii needs for online play. METROID IS NOT THAT GAME. I really am tired of trying to explain this to someone who hasn't played the games before, because they don't understand.

Shams, I turned on MP2's multiplayer once and never touched it again. I have beaten the single player 3 times 100% completion though.

well said... im gonna take your word that multiplayer is not for this game

but why do people treat it like an fps title?. ive read it so many times on how the wiimote will be compared to a mouse and keyboard.. Resident evil was never treated like that was it?

edit: i just noticed how i used the term "FPS" sooo many times yet you were the only one who pointed it out..

Lol okay.  I don't know why people treet it as an FPS, it's not really one.  It's officially listed as an adventure game.  I completely agree the Wii needs a great online multiplayer FPS, Prime just isn't even close to the best way to do that.

The multiplayer WOULD need the same mechanics as the single player, otherwise it's a completely different game than the single player, and would alienate a lot of the Metroid fans who followed the series to 3d nirvana. ;)

TECHNICALLY you call Metroid Prime an "FPS" because of it's perspective, not because of the gameplay.

iclim4, go buy a used copy of Metroid Prime from your local Gamestop/EB Games for $5 or so, since ya live in the good'ole USofA now. :) It's worth at least that much. ;)

Btw, I enjoy FPS games (back before Wolfenstien 3D), just not with a gamepad, but thanks to that lock-on scheme for MP, it blew me away, and I consider it the best "First Person" game I've ever played. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:

Nice find, Woof. A great interview.

No online mode, yes. That's great news.

If they could make a good multiplayer and single player you wouldn't welcome it right?

Right. I don't want to see MP3 compared with Halo 3 or any other FPS. No matter how good MP3's multiplayer would be, the game would always be belittled by FPS nerds.

EDIT: Hunters was bad, the worst Metroid game ever. Focus on multiplayer is not good for Metroid.

Why do you care if FPS nerds belittle the game? If it had great single and multiplayer I would think it would be welcomed. It's not like it's so insane. It's not like putting versus multiplayer in mario or something...

why doesn't lair have multiplayer? or better yet, why is halos multiplayer filled with annoying 12 year olds?

Wasn't this thread created to show the screens (which look great btw) ?

Off topic: It would have been a nice bonus to have multiplayer, but definitely not at the cost of dev time in single player mode.. as i'd play, oh, so much more in single player :P

Around the Network

Yeah a great singleplayer FPS doesn't need a great offline/online multiplayer. I guess that's why Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Halo and half-life did have a great multiplayer....

lol what a bull.

^^it aint much, if it aint dutch^^

Thanks for not reading the thread, tao.

tao said:
Yeah a great singleplayer FPS doesn't need a great offline/online multiplayer. I guess that's why Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Halo and half-life did have a great multiplayer....

lol what a bull.

You never really played Half-Life and Half-Life 2 when it they were new did you?

Valve has always focused on producing the best single player game for release and then adding multiplayer later; on top of this few people play the game modes that Valve produced and focus on third party mods.

Deus Ex also was released with no multiplayer component ...

At the same time Quake 3, Unreal Tournament and America's Army have no single player game ...

In general, I think that when developers have limited time and resources they should focus their efforts on one side of the game or the other; being that every developer has limited time and resources they need to decide whether they want a great single player FPS or great multiplayer FPS. As far as I'm concerned games like Red-Steel would have been far better had they took the developers who were working on the multiplayer component and put them to work polishing the single player game.

Those screens rival Halo 3's screens easy.

How embarissing to Microsoft that Wii has games thats graphics rival that of the 360.

Of course 360 has the edge in 95% of it's games, but you gotta admit the current SSBB and MP3 screens are lookin damn fine.

Expecting my ass to get torn to pieces after that post, opinions dont matter here.