By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 21 Upcoming Wii Games to Drool Over

Garcian Smith said:
NightDragon83 said:

You know what's sad, not only is half your list of games not worth drooling over, but you've also listed pretty much every notable title to be released on Wii between now and the second quarter of '09... that's even more sad when you realize that Nintendo's big guns for the holiday season are Wii Music and an updated Animal Crossing with online... yawn.

You mean that... gasp... people actually have different opinions than you? The horror! Also, your second point is just plain wrong; there's a ton of promising games announced for Wii that he didn't mention.

Go get excited over Dark, Gritty Shooter #37201 or something and leave us with our excellent lineup of Wii games, thanks.

Well unfortunately I really have no other choice thanks to Nintendo's skimpy release lineup... besides, it's way better than getting excited over "Casual Mini-Game Collection #1,924,567... WITH bonus useless accessory that has zero gameplay value for FREE!"

I'm not knocking anyone else's opinion at all... IMO its an OK line-up of games but there's no top-tier AAA game coming out for Wii that I'm personally looking forward to anytime soon.

I bought a Wii to enjoy Nintendo's AAA quality titles, but unfortunately since they've all but abandoned the hardcore market in favor of mass appeal, those kinds of games are becoming much more scarce.... back in the day Nintendo didn't have to dumb down its premier franchises to appeal to the casual audiences.  The Metroids, the old Zeldas, and of course the Mario Bros. series were pretty tough and yet could still be thoroughly enjoyed by virtually anyone, and that went for most AAA games during the NES/SNES heydays... playable for everyone but gave a serious challenge.

BTW, here's my lineup of games that I'm lookin forward to playing for the rest of '08...

Wii.. Wario Land, and maybe CoD5 if online is solid.  That's it.

WiiWare... Rest of the Strong Bad series, Mega Man 9, maybe some VC games if Nintendo finally gets off its ass and gives us some type of storage solution, be it a firmware update for SD cards (which i would very much like) or some proprietary hard drive (which i would very much NOT like).

360...  The Force Unleashed (not the watered down Wii version), Ghostbusters (ditto, although now it's delayed indefinitely, argh!) Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Banjo-Kazooie (praying to whoever's up there that it does NOT suck), Fallout 3

Xbox Live... Braid (which I just picked up, awesome game) Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Portal

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

4/20 (didn't include NMH2) interest me.

If I somehow get the money...I will buy at least 8 of those. What shocked me was Deadly Creatues listed for ealy 09. Wasn't it supposed to come out in Sep. or Oct.?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

lol, and think that "in 2008-9 Wii will fail because there will be less Nintendo games"

come on, all 21 of these games are great!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

i hope red steel 2 comes out this year, but there was a large amount of shooters in there compared to last year.

Anywho its a good list to my standards i want about 7 of those games there

Around the Network
kira hibiki said:
@chasmatic12

Tales of heart is a DS game, an unknown main Tales is in the making for wii.

I knew I was wrong... haha.

Thanks!

Am I the only one looking forward to SPRay?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

What happened to; Spore, FFCC:CB, Sky Crawlers and Sim City >.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
My mouth is dry after reading that.

Your's isn't the only one.

I agree with this.  Quite frankly I am only interested in one of those games, and that is Dead Rising.

It looks like my Wii will continue to get more play time than my Xbox 360. Much better games this year even if it turns out I actually like Fable 2 and it doesn't suck like Fable did.