By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 21 Upcoming Wii Games to Drool Over

How did red steel 2 make a list of anything good. The only drool the first one induced was the wide mouth gape at how it somehow dodged quality control to make it onto store shelves.

Yes

Around the Network

21. No, looks really stupid

20. Meh, I doubt it'll be good

19. I hate Star Wars

18. Definitely no, I hate this type of game

17. I hate Star Wars

16. Treyarch...

15. Maybe, but it seems identical to the DS version

14. I hate fighting games

13. I didn't want or get NMH1 so...

12. Looks good...hopefully it'll be as good as Wii Sports.

11. Already played many times on cousin's 360

10. Mario Sports games already?! Definitely no

9. No

8. Probably won't get

7. Wtf no

6. Nah

5. Will probably be bad, I doubt they can pull it off

4. Hmm...nope.

3. I'm not too familar with the Megaman series, but maybe.

2. I hate everything involving Wario worst character EVER

1. Will be horrible, and even if it's good, not something I want

Well...."21 Wii games" is a better name for the article.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

steven787 said:

I'm gonna be pesimistic, I will probably end up getting a bunch of these.

#21- no
#20- has a long way to go
#19- Multiplat- the other versions look so compelling, but this one has Mara Jade... eh
#18- Music game, no DLC, no song writing, eh.
#17- Waggle fest.
#16- Treyarch.
#15- Not for me.
#14- Hasn't been good so far.
#13- Not confirmed.
#12- Hells YEAH!
#11- Port
#10- Love Mario, Hate sports.
#9 - Yes Please.
#8 - Ooh yeah
#7 - Eh
#6 - Looks nice, but JPN version was not polished according to Forums and Reviews.
#5 - I have my hopes up.
#4 - Yes.
#3 - Multiplat - NES game... excited, yes. drooling, yes. Wii system seller... probably more than we think.
#2 - little bit high on the list. Yes.
#1 - Way too high on the list. Yes.

That leave 8 yeys. Buncha maybes.

8 games  for one year is still pretty good.  Plus some strong maybes.

#18: Samba de Amigo

ETA: September 23, 2008
Why You Should Give a Damn: One of the original arcade rhythm games, Samba de Amigo, is coming back for the Wii, with new Wii Remote support that removes any need for expensive peripherals. Shake a pair of Wii Remotes like maracas in time with the beats onscreen, aiming high, low, or at waist level. Strike a pose when the indicator comes up onscreen, holding the Wii Remotes as indicated. Pick from dozens of hot Latin songs, and post your scores on the global Leaderboards. You can even make a Friends List to compare your scores to those of people you know. Finally, when you've played all the songs to death, you'll be able to download new songs via the Wii Pay & Play service. If Nintendo lets a few classic Mario tunes free from the grip of Wii Music, we'd download them in a second.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
ion-storm said:

How did red steel 2 make a list of anything good. The only drool the first one induced was the wide mouth gape at how it somehow dodged quality control to make it onto store shelves.

This one won't be rushed.

It has plenty of better controlling examples to follow now, while the first had none.

This has the motion plus to do the swordfighting the way everyone wanted to do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

A nice portion of the upcoming Wii lineup, a few games that come out this year that seem interesting are missing, i.e: Little King's Story...

@theKitchenSink...lurking this website for over a month now I always assume no one ACTUALLY reads whats posted. >,>

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

I've been tempted now and again but this list reminded me why I should not buy a wii. Sorry, I'm just being honest. I can't see how anyone could be more excited for these games than those of the 360/PS3, but I guess people are different huh :P

zaphodile said:
I've been tempted now and again but this list reminded me why I should not buy a wii. Sorry, I'm just being honest. I can't see how anyone could be more excited for these games than those of the 360/PS3, but I guess people are different huh :P

It's called subjective taste. It's why some prefer rock to country and vice versa. Thought that was obvious.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

zaphodile said:

I am excited for games on all systems. I am a gamer.

However, recently I've noticed more of what we call a "fail." Certain games on the 'next-gen' systems have been hyped to no end and turn out to be mediocre at best (Haze, Lair, Too Human).

So far, none of my anticipated Wii titles have let me down.

Okay, I'm bored so here's my thoughts on this list (and this list sucks, they mention crap and leave out some excellent games)

21(Music) - Not unless there's a lot more to it than we've seen thus far
20(RS2) - Hell yeah! The first is underrated.
19(SW:FU) - Definately!
18(Samba) - Not likely, maybe my daughter will...
17(Clone) - Maybe... depends on reviews
16(CoD) - If it has split-screen competitive definately, if not - no
15(AC) - Maybe, hear it's great but can't see myself playing it
14(Castlvania) - Maybe, curious to see how it turns out
13(NMH2) - Doesn't exist. Why is it here?
12(Wii Sports R) - Most likely
11(Dead) - Looks like fun. Depends on reviews but very high on my list
10(Sluggers) - No online, no sale
9(ToS) - Not into JRPG
8(Creatures) - Doesn't interest me
7(Bikini) - Are they kidding?! This is one of the crappiest games out.
6(Fatal) - Without question I'm getting it
5(Conduit) - Unless it sucks I'm getting it, and maybe even if it does... sad I know...
4(Blob) - If it gets great reviews I'll get it. Love novel games like this
3(Mega) - No, unless it's $5
2(Wario) - If it's $30 or less only and then maybe
1(Mad World) - This looks like wicked fun. High on my to get list.

Only 4 out of the 21 interest me, and one of them is not even announced.