By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What If LBP sucks?

mesoteto said:
i think the people will make it or break it, personally i don't want to spend 5 hours building a map that will be done in fifteen, that is 5 hours i could be playing a game and not making one

People do what they like to do. I really enjoyed spending the five or more hours making a two and a half minute video with my room mate. 

If you can spend your time making a level and making it very popular, that's a cool reward for your hard work. Kind of like user mods, do they really have to use their free time to make a mod where they don't make any money on?

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
papflesje said:
as with any other horrible game.

Amazing how you know it's going to be horrible.

Nostradamus must've been your father.

Here's a sponge, get the sand out of your vagina.

The point of conjecture was IF the game sucks, not THAT the game sucks. Thus, IF the game sucks, it will be horrible.

English grammar, it's what's for dinner.

Especially when you use the conjecture to implement your own opinion in it.

Nice way to cover up behind the "if", but IF you were only staying within the conjecture, then you shouldn't have put your personal opinion in there too, diminishing the fact that your answer was apparently (so you say) a reply to the conjecture.

WessleWoggle said:
Krill said:

I wasn't sure what to make of LBP when I first saw it. It looked like a new gaming category and I wasn't convinced it would work. Having seen some of the game in play with demo teasers, it looks more and more like a dynamic platformer - like Super Mario World with better graphics, sound, more user input regarding design and more fiendish puzzles. Even the characters are cute. If the gameplay and physics of the game work, and it looks like they do, this game can't fail.

Umm, sure it can. What if people get bored of playing it quick? What if it's not a game you want to play again and again?

If the gameplay is good and the game has near infinite possibilities for user generated content, you think people will get bored quick? Get real! 

Krill said:
WessleWoggle said:
Krill said:

I wasn't sure what to make of LBP when I first saw it. It looked like a new gaming category and I wasn't convinced it would work. Having seen some of the game in play with demo teasers, it looks more and more like a dynamic platformer - like Super Mario World with better graphics, sound, more user input regarding design and more fiendish puzzles. Even the characters are cute. If the gameplay and physics of the game work, and it looks like they do, this game can't fail.

Umm, sure it can. What if people get bored of playing it quick? What if it's not a game you want to play again and again?

If the gameplay is good and the game has near infinite possibilities for user generated content, you think people will get bored quick? Get real!

If it's not their style of game, then I could see that happening. Still, that's the case for all games so I don't know what else there is to say about that.

I really, really doubt it will.

But for the sake of argument... if it does, I'll probably throw my brand new PS3 out the window. And then jump out myself.

Thankfully I have a single storey house.

Around the Network
WessleWoggle said:
bardicverse said:
papflesje said:
as with any other horrible game.

Amazing how you know it's going to be horrible.

Nostradamus must've been your father.

Here's a sponge, get the sand out of your vagina.

The point of conjecture was IF the game sucks, not THAT the game sucks. Thus, IF the game sucks, it will be horrible.

English grammar, it's what's for dinner.

Way to use your brain to be a douche, man. I mean that in a good way. :]

Its a fine craft of mine, my friend. ;) Chop 'em down at the knees, and then break out the lawn mower.

IllegalPaladin said:
Krill said:
WessleWoggle said:
Krill said:

If it's not their style of game, then I could see that happening. Still, that's the case for all games so I don't know what else there is to say about that.

If it's not someone's style then I could see them not buying the game in the first place.  Puzzle/platformers tend to have more universal appeal anyway so I'm sure there will be no shortage of fans for LBP.

It will be good but will sell modestly. Most likely sales of around 2m units or so in its lifetime.

How can a game that lets you design and implement gameplay elements and only resticted by your imagination suck?

And how can a game that will increase in value with time be boring and not have lasting appeal?

The hypothesis is just not possible....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

What if your mom sucks?

:)