By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Still Buying From the Virtual Console?

i havent bought any for awhile.....b/c my wii is offline still but i want to check out super mario bros 2 when i get it back on

Around the Network

I will buy more. I have 6 now and will get more as particular ones are released. I need more castlevania goodness and classic metroid.

I have yet to buy a VC game... I find them a bit on the expensive side...

I mean, 8 bucks for a SNES game doesnt sounds like a deal IMO :/

Fazz: Buying them at a pawn shop or flea market is 3-10 bucks for a possible non working copy that requires a snes. Buying some classic games will run you a lot more. Emulating is stealing, but is the cheapest route.

Deal? No. But I rented Snes games for 5 bucks for 2 days 13 years ago, somehow paying 8 dollars to own a game I've really enjoyed and sometimes want to pay isn't too bad to me. Of course, that applies only to certain games.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Yep I am, Japan is getting a Mario Story for example for the N64, well actually 2 N64 games as Mario Story supposed to release in June, but was delayed. The other one is Wave Race. Also Fushigi no Dungeon Furai no Shiren 2, which is a Dragon Quest Spin Off on the SF, Shining Force for the MD and a couple of more games which I've forgot to download. I'm downloading the VC games as the games are addapted to LCD TV's and the older games via the original consoles look like real crap. A lot of SF, MD games I simply never have played. Mostly I like to download Super Famicom (=SNES), Mega Drive and N64 games.

Oh by the way, Japan is getting it's first 2 MSX games soon... Eggy and Aleste, never heard of them :D

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network

Uh, nintendo only hears your wallets. So if you whine about paying $8 for a game, but you still pay for it, they won't ever change the price.

ckmlb said:
LingLing said:
@Kwaad: I'd pay 15 $ for Gradius before I pay 8 $ for Stardust. When are you going to get it into your brain that gaming is not primarly about graphics for a lot of people.

Have you played Super Stardust HD? Are you telling me that people are buying that people are buying that for the graphics? The visuals are a nice plus, a cherry on the top.

Gradius: I played when I was 12 years old

Super Stardust: I did not... 

So its very very clear for me which one to buy. 

It should be very interesting when Nintendo releases quarterly sales for the Virtual Console. A lot of quality titles have been released in the last few months, and I bet their attach rate is up. I went from 3 games to 8 games in just a couple weeks, and I'm waiting on some expected Wii Points cards as gifts to go to 11 games.

Just bought mega man yesterday now brings my total to 3 titels together with Super Mario bros. and kirby.

Still find it a ripp-off if the prices would be like half of what they where charching now I would have bought way more even snes and n64 games. Cuz I am not gonna pay 8 or 10 euro for a game i can play for free on my PC. I know for sure that sales would tripple maybe even more if they would do that.

The other thing I don't understand is why the classic controller needs to be pluged into the remote I just want a wireless controller to play my classicgames is that so hard to make. Now I also only play the games that you can play with the wii mote side ways it holds like crap but it is always better then playing with wires.

@Altasia. Classic controller has wire because of costs. The controller would need bluetooth transmitter (possibly also receiver) to communicate with the Wii and it also would need a battery slot for power. In the current way, it uses Remotes bluetooth and batteries.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.