By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Still Buying From the Virtual Console?

Nintendo must love you guys. =P

Still haven't gotten a single VC title, but I haven't had the chance to connect my Wii online either. I'll probably get the somewhat expensive connective stuff around the time Brawl is released, and then maybe a few fun party games. Stuff like the original Super Smash Bros. and Ice Climbers are going to be great to play with my friends, but emulators are still offering superior service for free as far long single-player games are concerned. Hopefully PSN and Xbox Live Arcade are going to force Nintendo to improve their offerings.

I'm extremely interested in paying good money for original WiiWare content though.

Around the Network

I only get games that used to play alot on there normal systems. I have about 5 games but I plan on getting Street Fighter 2 Turbo because I found the real game (SNES) and it was like 30 bucks so I'll pay 8 and be happy.

I still buy them. Actually, last night, I picked up half a dozen or so games. Why? Well, here on my campus, I don't have access to wireless internet, and my USB adapter won't work with Vista. :-|

Thankfully, a friend of mine has a wireless router in his room, and I updated my system and bought a buttload of games. I probably have somewhere around 30 VC games now.  I'm also running out of storage room.

I'm enjoying the chance to play some classics I never played, and revisit some I never finished. Currently working on Zelda: Ocarina of Time (got only about 40% through last time before getting distracted) and Battle Lode Runner (a PC Engine classic, sequel to an old Apple II game I always loved, and never released for the American TG-16.) Not buying as much as I did earlier though, mostly because the only one I've really finished is Kirby's Adventure (NES)!

The prices still equate sodomy.

They could be 1/3rd of what they are now and still be making 300% profit. Akamai bandwidth is cheap.

I've only bought two games and I regret buying one of them. I look forward to Wiiware, however.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

I've bought:

### NES ###
- Super Mario Bros
- Legend of Zelda
- Kirby Adventure

### SNES ###
- Sim City (I was enjoying until it BUGGED my saved city)
- Super Mario World
- Donkey Kong Country
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

### N64 ###
- Mario Kart 64
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

ihira said:
I completely agree with ItsaMii.
Personally I always thought VC games were overpriced for what it is. Only a handful of games can be justified with the pricetag. I don't know why someone will pay $5 for crappy NES sports games.

I would easily pay more than that if that crappy NES port is punch out

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

As my previous post mentioned Super Mario Allstars, as of today, for another 500 points, you can pick up Super Mario Bros. 2. Will you buy it or wait for the compilation title? I will not be buying it.

At the standard pricing, some VC titles are a steal and others are a complete rip-off. I guess it's just a matter of coming to terms with what you are and are not comfortable spending on these games. I spent 600 points on Bomberman '93 and it was totally worth it but 500 points on Ice Hockey...eh, not so much.

WiiWare should make things a little more interesting though. I'm very interested in seeing what games are developed for the service.

Last one I bought was Zelda 2. 8 dollars is too expensive for most SNES games, so the only one I have is Zelda LttP. 10 dollars is fair for N64, as I have all but F-Zero X.

Punch out is still awesome. Best boxing game ever.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

I feel VC is a rip off, considering PS1 games on PSN are only 5$.
The Max i can pay is
NES - 2$
TG-16-3$ (considering their novelty value and most of them never made it to the states)
SNES - 3.5$
N64 - 4.5$

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>