By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Key Weakness of the Wii - Graphic Capabilites?

Thanks for trying to disregard and belittle my entire post by blowing one sentence blatantly out of proportion, in order to make people believe my opinion is biased and has no value here.

If I was wrong about what you said, then just set me straight. You know that what you said was flawed, but instead you're trying to pass the buck to me. Unlucky!

Around the Network

@HB There is such a thing as hindsight, but argueing in that enviornment is like getting into a pit fight with a cornered diamond back; any arguement there would be stupid.

So I can't ask you to make a prediction as your probably going to just run with the meme's and say Nintendo products sell of course now that I said that your going to probably go with the other meme to which you say no nintendo products don't sell.. wait I just realized... the internet can't make up it's mind... it seems like a culmination of opinions.

/thread?

Nope V_V.

You mind being clear on what it is your arguing again, like make it so clear that you understand it as well, then type it because I wan't to know what your point is.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

horriblebastard said:

I have played many of those games you are talking about, but they feel like the same games I've played last gen only with better graphics.

I didn't mention any games by name, unless you are talking about Mario Kart Wii, Brawl etc. in which case you're absolutely right. They are nothing more than rehashes of franchises established long ago. I guess it's OK when Nintendo do that though right? ;)

You came inside this thread to trash the Wii, obviously, saying Wii collects dusts or that attracts 4 year old and grannies only is exactly proving my point.

I came in here to give my opinion on it. You're only upset because you have some weird unhealthy emotional attachment to it, but that's OK, you're far from alone in that respect. I believe "fanboy" is the term they use for people like you. My Wii does collect dust. And I said the Wii is played by everyone from 4 year olds to old grannies - are you saying that's not the case?

If you dont like your Wii just sell it, Im sure you will regret it.

Looks like you havent played enough Wii games to judge the system like that ...

Haha. One of the reasons I'm disappointed with it is because I've played LOADS of games on it and I hate having to play 30 games to find one that's half way decent. Sure, I can rely on first party titles - or at least I could, but since Mario Kart Wii was released the well has dried up.

BTW, in the E3 thread, what made you say this?......

Didnt see Sony's or MS's but watching Nintendo's was the worst thing that happened to me while being on the internet.

Don't fancy Wii Music or Animal Crossing then? Unlucky, cos that's all there is! Oh yeah, there's Wii Sports Resort where you can chop logs or toss a frisbee for a dog to fetch. Hours of fun. ;)

Classic line lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

321tttrini4everz said:
Viper1 said:

So bring an excuse each time you get shot down? Did you note recently that Capcom announced Okami on Wii (a long dated port with no upgrades and no TV advertising on a console with 1/4th the install base) just sold as much as the PS2 release and it's still selling each week?

So, which excuse to you plan to use on that one?

321tttrini4everz said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
NJ5 said:
Zucas said:
The key weakness to the Wii is it isn't future proof. (...)

Was there any console which had a short lifetime due to graphics?

Just the PS2. That ugly slow blocky pixely laggy pile of shit only lasted 8 years... so far.

huh ?

mighty PLAYSTATION 2 lifespan was short due weak graphics ??

i believe SONY's success in the gaming devision bothers you(i could be wrong)

That was sarcasm, 321.

yea of course.....if the MIGHTY PLAYSTATION 2 lifespan was short then i strongly believe the UNSUCCESSFUL gamecube and the good welcomed xbox never existed.........

It's me!  The one who made the comment!  Let me explain it for you!

NJ5 asked if weak graphics have ever held a system back.

I said the PS2, <b>as a joke</b>, because it was BY FAR the weakest system of the 6th generation, and yet BY FAR the best selling system of the 6th generation.

This was to draw attention to the fact that graphics not only never get in the way of a system's success, but they are also NEVER responsible for a system's success.

Most users here have looked at all the chartz and actually noticed this trend, so they got my joke.  I recommend browsing through the chartz a bit so you won't sound like a total jackass when you troll everywhere.

The Game Boy, the PS1, the PS2, the DS, and the Wii, are all very weak compared to their competitors.  They all completely dominated.

There are 2 assumptions we can make here:

1) A system's weakness is its greatest asset and gives it a huge sales boost.

2) A system's weakness doesn't matter at all, and it's just a coincidence.

Either one of these assumptions points to the conclusion "Oh shit, the Wii is going to sell over 140 million and NOTHING CAN STOP IT."

Good day.

And stop saying "mighty PLAYSTATION 2."

@horriblebastard: Now you're making excuses.

It was me. The friendcode system would be more accessible. Go ahead and read the thread, maybe you'll understand what i'm after.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

So I can't ask you to make a prediction as your probably going to just run with the meme's and say Nintendo products sell of course now that I said that your going to probably go with the other meme to which you say no nintendo products don't sell.. wait I just realized... the internet can't make up it's mind... it seems like a culmination of opinions.

I will gladly predict that any first party title on Wii will sell well, even if it gets critically panned. People seem to be very forgiving with first party games on the Wii - or perhaps trusting is a better word.

And yes, there is such a thing as hindsight, but I am being totally honest when I say I would never have put Brain Training into the "niche" category. Also, regarding Haze and PS3/360 games in general, you have to remember that they have demos that people can play, and I suspect a lot more people check out reviews for those systems and are therefore more influenced by review scores. If the Wii had downloadble demos, I think more people would have gone out and bought Boom Blox, but that's a topic for another "Wii weakness" thread.

So your saying demo's hurt sa... oh man.. can you please give me your point again.

That's funny because EA thought it would sell slow "slow burner" they thought it was niche too; "marketed towards 8-12 year old males." Maybe you should write EA if your done asking Nintendo about defining how they used the term "core". EA is very responsive by the way, they will get back to you probably in the same day. Nintendo usually take a week to a whole month.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

So your saying demo's hurt sa... oh man.. can you please give me your point again.

I have made my point quite clear several times in this thread. Attempting to comprehend your rather odd posting style is more work to be honest.

Are you saying that demos can only have a positive effect on sales? Perhaps you should be the one to make your points clear instead of going off on tangents mid-sentence.

That's funny because EA thought it would sell slow "slow burner" they thought it was niche too; "marketed towards 8-12 year old males." Maybe you should write EA if your done asking Nintendo about defining how they used the term "core". EA is very responsive by the way, they will get back to you probably in the same day. Nintendo usually take a week to a whole month.

Didn't you want to know what I think? Because what I think is different to what EA thought I somehow have to email them? Yeah, OK mate. lol. I don't need to ask Nintendo what they mean by "core". I already know considering they apologised to the core gamers after E3. Unless you think they were saying "Sorry kiddies, there's more shovelware on the way! Sorry for the delay!"

^^^ I think HappySqurriel already set what I said straight. As for "passing the buck" I've never heard of that term.... and I don't know what that means. I'm not playing anything......so I don't know where that lucky factor comes in either.

On-topic: The graphics argument won't last in importance very long. Besides the lazy devs, there are others that are on the ball in the developing and have shown impressive screens of their 2009 releases. I personally think the graphical difference doesn't matter much now, but when games like Monster Hunter 3 and The Conduit start coming out, the differences will be negligible in my mind. Gameplay is where its at.

Off-topic: Do mods remove double posts for you? I know no one here posts them on purpose.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

impressive screens

Why would anyone that doesn't care about graphics be impressed by a screen shot? Shouldn't you be impressed by gameplay and not the "irrelevant" graphics?