By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B on resistance 2: My game is better

ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
Griffin said:
starcraft said:
Judging by the first game's,

According to IGN the first gears fell well below RFoM for Gameplay and lasting appeal, and this time Gears won't have its graphics to save it in review scores.  Plus gears2 falls well below the magnitude of options and gamplay modes R2 offers for online play.

Didn't IGN give Gears 2 their E3 graphics award?

And Gears 2 will have like 5 or 6 online modes correct?  How many does Resistance 2 have?

Probably:

Deathmatch

team deathmatch

cores/nodes

CTF

the one where the one person is super powered and if killed the power is transfered

protect some guy on your team.

Just wait and see..... honestly the beta is coming soon... we shall find out how many.

PSN says the Resistance 2 beta is available through this month's issue of Qore.

For $3 I should just download it to confirm.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
Griffin said:
starcraft said:

According to IGN the first gears fell well below RFoM for Gameplay and lasting appeal, and this time Gears won't have its graphics to save it in review scores.  Plus gears2 falls well below the magnitude of options and gamplay modes R2 offers for online play.

And Gears 2 will have like 5 or 6 online modes correct?  How many does Resistance 2 have?

Probably:

Deathmatch

team deathmatch

cores/nodes

CTF

the one where the one person is super powered and if killed the power is transfered

protect some guy on your team.

Just wait and see..... honestly the beta is coming soon... we shall find out how many.

From what we know, Gears 2 has:

Team Deathmatch (regular Deathmatch wouldn't work with this game)

Execution (Similar to above, but you must perform an execution to finish someone off)

Assassination (Kill the leader and make it so the rest of the team can't respawn)

Meat Flag (Capture the flag, only the flag is ALIVE and SHOOTING AT YOU!)

Annex (From the first game--a fresh take on King of the Hill)

And then there's a little thing called Horde mode you may have heard of--Five people against a literally infinite amount of enemies testing their skills, teamwork, and luck as they try to survive wave after wave of increasing enemy numbers.

And CliffyB promised more to come.

Dayum I want Gears 2!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Griffin said:
starcraft said:
Griffin said:
starcraft said:

They also said it had better graphics then Crysis Warhead...

The first RFoM had over 5 different game modes, but with a full server list and an immense set of options to choose from for each style of mode, you could create countless different styles for each mode.  They also supported an extensive clan system, customizable charcters, the abilty to have seperate squad channels for voice chat and the squad acting as a respawn point.  Extensive stat tracking and ranking provided ingame and on the official site.

Wow, am I the only to think that this is actually a huge turn-off? I know, I'm probably the only one going to worry about my stats, but I just hate it when I can't play for fun (it's like if I always have to play good).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Soriku said:
Not one post saying "OMG! leo-j is back!"? Wow.

Anyway...of course the developer of the game would say something like that.

That was the first thing that came to mind, well, welcome back Leo-J I guess. Anyways, of course he's going to back up his game, that's the main competitor to Gears 2 on the PS3, and not to mention that RFoM and Gears 1 were compared to death since they released around the same time. As for which is better, Gears 2 is practically the same, if not, very similar to Gears 1, although Gears 1 was good, playing Gears 2 will have that been there done that feeling. If R2 is alot like RFoM (which so far, it doesn't look like it is, based on things added, different narrative/story telling), then I would think that Gears 2 would be better, but R2 is looking like a big step up from RFoM.

I'm only surprised at the audacity of the the comment. I'm pretty sure Insomniac doesn't send copies of R2 over to Cliffy for evaluation, so he is, therefore, talking straight from his backside if he's comparing these two unreleased titles already.

In any case, obviously if he thought his competition was making a better game, he would talk it down, and his own game up, while heading back to his team and working on improving his game, so his commentary is totally meaningless.

His not mouthing off about how his game is "better", would go a lot further toward implying that his product will speak for itself when it ships.  So now I'm worried that he's scared of R2, even though it doesn't directly compete with his game because its on a different platform -- maybe that's why he thinks he can talk trash and get away with it.

Around the Network
Groucho said:

I'm only surprised at the audacity of the the comment. I'm pretty sure Insomniac doesn't send copies of R2 over to Cliffy for evaluation, so he is, therefore, talking straight from his backside if he's comparing these two unreleased titles already.

In any case, obviously if he thought his competition was making a better game, he would talk it down, and his own game up, while heading back to his team and working on improving his game, so his commentary is totally meaningless.

His not mouthing off about how his game is "better", would go a lot further toward implying that his product will speak for itself when it ships.

Good post.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Does Resistance 2 have any sort of skill progression or level gaining for their online Multiplayer?

and while I am at it

does Gears 2?

Gear/Resistance really boils down to personal preference.

For those committed to one console or the other, but not both, the choice should be fairly obvious.

Personally, Gears piqued my interest back when it debuted a lot more than Resistance did, although not enough to buy a 360 when it came out.

I found the background, story and world in which Resistance took place to be far more well crafted and enjoyable than Gears although the dialog in Gears was a lot more entertaining.

In retrospect, I spent quite a few more hours playing Resistance than Gears, despite the superior visuals and the cover system.

I'll probably end up splitting about even between Gears 2 and Resistance 2.

Godot said:
Cliffy B is a stupid jerk.

Still, he's probably right.

This.

most sites will give the higher rating to the most hyped games, thats why i sometimes check Gamestats. they actullay ignore all the hype/bad critisism, sit down play the game over and over, and then come up with a non-biased fair review. they actually had the guts to give halo 3 a 8.9.