By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *New BioShock PS3; IGN claims looks considerably better than 360's!

haven't we seen this comparison-video? Both games looked exactly the same. Nobody could see a difference. And now, one version should be far superior than the other one. Strange.

I really dont't see Bioshock crossing 2 million units, like the 360 version does (more or less) at the and of the year. Everyone who was interested in this game bought it for the 360 or PC already. I mean Bioshock for the PC is at 17.99€, for the Xbox360 it's at 29.99€, the PS3-version at 52.99€. (Talking about Germany)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
ahcheng said:
Ps3 Bioshock will flop hard

Good. If it flops, it will put an end to this timed exclusive BS. 

I don't know if you should compare the PS3 demo to the 360 retail release.  Compare retail release to retail release.  After playing the demo, I don't know what all the hype was about.  The demo was pretty repetitive.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I suppose IGN didn't take a look at this:

PS3

Xbox 360

It's only a Big Daddy's corpse but that type of details are really really ugly having in mind it's coming more than a year later than 360 and PC versions.

Oblivion was launched about a year to a year and a half later on the PS3 with mild improvements and it did pretty well. Not nearly as well as the 360 version, but pretty well nonetheless. With updated data, I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 version of Oblivion was over a million. And although my memory isn't the best on the subject, I believe that Oblivion launched full price or near full price for the PS3.

I have to agree, it seems everything is not as colorful as xbox360,but both of them are practically the same. Already played this game on xbox so i won't be getting it.

Around the Network

hows tht possible?

Gotcha said:

I suppose IGN didn't take a look at this:

PS3

Xbox 360

It's only a Big Daddy's corpse but that type of details are really really ugly having in mind it's coming more than a year later than 360 and PC versions.

Haha, yup there is no arguing with that kind of loss to IQ.

Reasonable said:
If you have a PS3 this is a new game, plain and simple, hence the price tag

If you have it for 360 or PC then I have no idea why'd you buy it again at any price just to play it on another platform.

That's how I see it anyway.

well that was certainly a very reasonable post...

how disappointing

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Newsflash!

Developer gets extra year to work on game, because they're bright and can port the engine to the PS3, from the 360, easily. Game improves in both performance and look. Full story @ 11.

Same thing happened with Oblivion, and looks to be happening with Eternal Sonata, etc. If you're willing to wait, you're always going to get a better product, at least in the 360->PS3 direction.

The only 360 "exclusive" PS3 port that had plenty of time, and subsequently failed miserably, was Lost Planet -- kinda says something about the devs, or perhaps the time and budget allowed, for that one.

Even though it's at a full price tag, I plan on buying it. I've had my eye on this game and Fable 2 from the 360's library. And shit, if I have to buy it here am paying 85$ T_T... so oh well. May pick it up during the holidays though.

4 ≈ One