By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *New BioShock PS3; IGN claims looks considerably better than 360's!

I've only ever played the demo on PC, never the full game - so I'll probably pick this up when I do my next round of games shopping in a month or two.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

If the port turns out to be superior to the original I just might pick it up as I am still yet to play bioshock.

This is good news, but Bioshock is coming too late, and like I said many times on here before, unless it comes with a new story arc OR some compelling revelation that sets it clearly above the 360 version and makes me look at the world of rapture differently, then I'll buy it.

As it stands right now, I've beaten the 360 version, I won't be getting this one.

I will wait for a price drop, but eventually I'll pick this up.

Why are people who own both systems filling up this thread, saying "I've already beaten this game, I won't buy it again"?! Of COURSE you won't, with hundreds of new gaming experiences out there it would be stupid of you! I think Okami is the shiznit, but if I ever bought a Wii I wouldn't buy it again, and that's with graphical upgrade AND radically new control system. The fact is, 360 owners, this port is not aimed at you, ergo it's not about you.

As for me, I would like to own Bioshock, it interests me. I even have the theme on my PS3 profile. But it's coming out so close to LBP & R2 and they both take priority, so probably a rental, at least till next year.

Bring on the Christmas rush!

Games machines owned: C64*, NES, SNES*, PS1, PS2*, PS3* (*still own).

GREAT MOMENTS IN HUMAN HISTORY

12/9/2008 18:46 Australian CST - !!!I got my first trophy!!! Huzzah!!!

Around the Network
HanzoTheRazor said:
I own it on the 360 and I am still picking it up.

Oblivion is a good example. It was a year old when it got ported. I bought Oblivion on the 360 first, got a fair way through it than bought a PS3 and ended up playing my mates Oblivion on his PS3. Fucking no comparison! The PS3 version was like butter, has half the load times and boy does it look a lot better, 2 totally different games. So, I picked up the PS3 ver and sold the 360 one as I just couldn't stomach it anymore. I suspect it will be a similar comparisson with BS.

Oh man, I can't imagine what you would do if you played the PC version.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

kowenicki said:
Having just played the demo i can confirm it looks WORSE than the 360 version in my opinion. not as sharp or as vibrant.

What specific parts looked not as sharp or vibrant?  And could you not fix these with the settings on your TV.  I'll be doing a side by side with the 360 version this weekend and it would be nice if you could suggest areas of difference.

If you have a PS3 this is a new game, plain and simple, hence the price tag

If you have it for 360 or PC then I have no idea why'd you buy it again at any price just to play it on another platform.

That's how I see it anyway.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I bought the PC version of Oblivion first, stopped playing it after a few levels, then got the PS3 version and finished the game there.
Somehow I like the combat better on console than on PC for that title and I find playing from my sofa a lot more relaxing than sitting at my desk.....

Anyway coming back to Bioshock I was already planning to buy it so good stuff !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

kowenicki said:
Having just played the demo i can confirm it looks WORSE than the 360 version in my opinion. not as sharp or as vibrant.

I've yet to see you say anything positive about the PS3.