By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Namco turning it's back on the PS3

Namco has had a good relations with sony for a while so alittle surprising.Well if hey are doing this it has to with money or profitability ,it always does

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network
Uberian said:
kingofwale said:
>We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision".

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

a Tales game??? on 360? the most "capable platform for this game"?????

The exact translation should be, most suitable plateform for this game.

I couldn't think a platform LESS "suitable" than xbox at this point, Even IPhone makes more sense.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Uberian said:
kingofwale said:
>We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision".

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

a Tales game??? on 360? the most "capable platform for this game"?????

The exact translation should be, most suitable plateform for this game.

I couldn't think a platform LESS "suitable" than xbox at this point, Even IPhone makes more sense.

Ok. Explain why.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Where's evangelion when you need him... but I do think that negitoro is right.

Not supprising considering the large development cost and low customer base. Most third party games have done very poorly on the PS3 this generation.

Around the Network

Wow, I can't believe so many of you fell for this. Namco abandoning either HD platform at this point makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Do any of you know this post is from February?

Has to be fake. They wouldn't flat out say they weren't going to support the PS3 anymore.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

That's weird......maybe they don't have any plans for something new to the PS3 yet. For now that is.

As for the 360 being the most capable platform, I figure Namco games are usually supposed to be received by a Japanese audience. 360 doesn't really have that audience. There is DS,PSP, and Wii though, so I would've thought they would stick with those.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ToastyJaguar said:
KobeBeef said:

Commenting on the announcement of a special collector's edition on Tales of Vesperia, Namco Bandai Spokesman Hikaru Utada commented: "we are very excited to release this game to all of our fans worldwide exclusively on the 360". When asked about why they chose to release it exclusively for the 360: "We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision". When asked on plans for a PS3 port and any future PS3 projects, Utada responded: "We have no plans for a PS3 port. We're currently working on Tekken 6 and Eternal Sonata for the PS3, but we have no plans to support the PS3 after those two games.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213750_1124.html

This hurts and is very surprising since the PS3 is doing so much better, it must the the programming cost.

Discuss

Elaborate please

My guess is that he's referring to 360 vs PS3 Japanese Sales, or the growth of PS3 sales compared to it's less than stellar start.

gebx said:

ZOMG M$ Paid them TO SAY THAT!!! THiS SUxors so MUCH!!

Microsoft didn't pay Namco to say it, but they obviously paid Namco Bandai to make Idolmaster and Tales of Vesperia exclusively for the 360. Just being realistic here...

Ontopic: I doubt a Namco spokesman would just flat out say they wouldn't support PS3 anymore. My guess is that the translation is wrong, the "translation" from the article also didn't mention an upcomming Naruto game exclusively on the PS3.