By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Namco turning it's back on the PS3

IF this was Microsoft paying then the Wii wouldn't be getting Fragile, Sky Crawlers, and the Next Main series tales after Tales of Hearts. I think it may be Namco's choice. I do beleive they might change this position though if they don't make too much profit on the 360 alone, or they could just go Wii,Psp,DS exclusive if this happens as well. I wouldn't worry too much though. You still get two good games and people change their minds alot.

Around the Network
gebx said:

ZOMG M$ Paid them TO SAY THAT!!! THiS SUxors so MUCH!!

The C3LL Makes KiTTENS!!!

I'm just trying to keep one step ahead....

Lol, looks like you were right. And for th people who actually believe this: sig.

Anyway, Its not all too terribly surprising. But you have to see; they are making 2 games for the PS3. Other then ToV, what else are they making for 360?

heck, I'm happy though. The more tales I get for 360 and wii, the better for me :)

I have to ask though; where exactly did Namco say they were turning they're back on PS3? Sounds like overly dramatic fanboy BS.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

And after these two titles.. nothing? nothing at all? wtf?

KobeBeef said:

Commenting on the announcement of a special collector's edition on Tales of Vesperia, Namco Bandai Spokesman Hikaru Utada commented: "we are very excited to release this game to all of our fans worldwide exclusively on the 360". When asked about why they chose to release it exclusively for the 360: "We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision". When asked on plans for a PS3 port and any future PS3 projects, Utada responded: "We have no plans for a PS3 port. We're currently working on Tekken 6 and Eternal Sonata for the PS3, but we have no plans to support the PS3 after those two games.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213750_1124.html

This hurts and is very surprising since the PS3 is doing so much better, it must the the programming cost.

Discuss

Elaborate please

From the link you provided, all it says is other plateforms are still under consideration.

Around the Network

>We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision".

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

a Tales game??? on 360? the most "capable platform for this game"?????

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Hey the traslation posted is not what is actually written in the Famitsu article.
Don't assume that nobody can read Japanese here.

1. They ignored all the other titles they're releasing on the ps3, some that are even exclusive, like Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm. Hell, SCIV is selling better on the ps3 than 360.

2. Why port Eternal Sonata of all games if they're just abandoning the ps3.

3. Why abandon the ps3 after it starts to sell well, rather than last year when it was all but dead (and when the ES port was announced).

4. The translation is from GameFAQs. There is nothing about this on NeoGAF or anywhere else notable, so I'm calling fake.

kingofwale said:
>We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision".

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

"People say & do stupid stuff."

kingofwale said:

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The exact translation should be, most suitable plateform for this game.