By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Halo 3 Wins GOTY 2008. Wtf?

Halo 3 is pure fun, I'm not surprised.

But why 2008?? Yeesh.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Those awards suck how can twewy losse to gow lol that's just wrong.

Not really. I'm a huge RPG fan (played TWEWY) and it's a easy choice for God of War to win Handheld Game of the Year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

1st: Game of the Year has to be year-wise, not season-wise, so it has to be announced in January or February of the next year...
2nd: Halo 3??? I can say at least 20 games that are better than that game, some of them are also on the 360 so don't scream fanboys...
3rd: MGS4 has better graphics than Crysis, get over it...

It's the beginning of August 2008. Given that, I'd expect games released after the beginning of August 2007 to be eligible for the award. For next year's award, games released between August 2008 and August 2009 will be eligible.

What's the big deal? This entire thread just seems like an excuse to hate on Halo.

blizzid said:

It's the beginning of August 2008. Given that, I'd expect games released after the beginning of August 2007 to be eligible for the award. For next year's award, games released between August 2008 and August 2009 will be eligible.

What's the big deal? This entire thread just seems like an excuse to hate on Halo.

Indeed, especially since it was posted in Sony Discussion. Gaming and Sony aren't that close, I don't see how this could've just been an "accident".

Around the Network

Maybe you guys complaining should have voted.  It's just a stupid awards show.  I hardly ever see the Academy Award winning movie of the year.  It's not that big of deal.  Most of you hate G4 anyways. 

This thread deserves some

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Wow they counted 2007? in that case i present

These are the People's Choice awards of gaming.
Also, remember who is watching X-play.
For the most part it is the stereotypical gamer who likes FPSs (some would call them "hardcore").

The game suggested above (Super Mario Galaxy) did not make the first cut in the Game of the Year category.

Also, Halo only got 21% in a six-game race, not a convincing margin.

Finally, the biggest shocker was Mario Kart Wii winning best racer with 33% of the vote. I own only a Wii this generation and I can't agree with that one.

That's what happens when you let the fans vote -- strange things. Just look at the starting lineups of most professional sports all-star games in North America.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

How did MGS4 beat out Crysis for best graphics? I mean I know MGS4 was good looking and all, but seriously...

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

MGS4 beat Crysis on Best Graphics, even though MGS4 barely reaches Crysis' Medium Settings, let alone High or Very High..........

Civilization Revolution won Best Strategy Game against World in Conflict and Sins of a Solar Empire...............

Mass Effect won Best RPG against The Witcher.............

fanboy-fest ahoy!!