By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Halo 3 Wins GOTY 2008. Wtf?

Well it's a voted on thing, so you have to expect some weird results. Like MGS4 with best graphics against Crysis. Or Persona 3 not being best RPG.

Around the Network

It's voted by people, so is it suprising if the game wins that more people played it.

I changed my mind i didn't see it was up against gta4 and call of duty 4. I guess G4 is filled with halo fanboys

The game of the year should be decided from january to march. After that, it's starting to look like the Academy Awards.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

So a winner of 2008 is decided early August?

Not just that, but a 2007 game wins it?

Sorry to burst peoples bubbles, but there have been better games since Halo 3 released in 2008.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Microsoft...Pays g4...

So Halo didn't win Best Mutiplayer or Best Shooter but it wins GTOY. That doesnt make sense to me

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

I think many bots were involved. I don't even watch G4/X-play anymore. If I want to see a review, I just look it up online. The whole show of X-play has turned to X360 fanservice (It used to be more Sony oriented)

BTW, how the hell did MGS4 beat crysis in graphics??? I wish people would actually vote for what the category was, instead of what they like best.

SSB: BRAWL >>>>>>>>>> HALO 3

Bioshock was the true game of the year. It proved that M games are not just about swearing, shooting, and sex

Euphoria14 said:
So a winner of 2008 is decided early August?

Not just that, but a 2007 game wins it?

Sorry to burst peoples bubbles, but there have been better games since Halo 3 released in 2008.

MANY, MANY Better games. Bioshock and Brawl are both good examples.